CLD Principal Scientist
The successful candidate will be laboratory-based and, working as part of a team, will be involved in cell line development (CLD; from transfection, cloning and selection of cell lines to evaluation of clonal cell lines in scale-down mimics of the production process) They will also have a role to play in contributing to the implementation of new and innovative ways of working.
- To identify, design, implement and manage experiments
- To review experimental work, data and reports produced within R&D to ensure accuracy and compliance
- To produce well written, compliant and traceable laboratory notebooks and raw data files
- To prepare reports and presentations for internal and external use in a suitable and professional manner. Expectation of minimal review for technical content and R&D standards (e.g. spelling, grammar, style, etc)
- To train and supervise the experimental work of other research staff
- To be able to communicate to senior management and peers results, decisions, suitability and efficacy of the CLD processes with rationale
- To understand / be able to investigate any IP implications of processes being developed
- To understand basic capabilities / limitations of the CBF and MCC manufacturing
- To co-ordinate work with other functions / departments to achieve project objectives
- To represent the department in cross functional meetings, maintaining awareness of the department / companies best interests as appropriate
One of the world's leading private biotechnology companies, developing and manufacturing innovative biotechnology-based medicines for human healthcare products, with a focus on microbial-derived biologics .
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.