Machinery Engineer/Specialist III
5 days left
- Full Time
Our client is looking for a Machinery Engineer to work in Basingstoke on a mjor LNG project.
- Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the team"s goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Assures accurate and timely communication among the team and other company Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues.
- In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical training to operations and mechanical Departments
- Provide quality control and design reviews of new projects that involve rotating equipment
- Periodically review rotating equipment thermodynamic and mechanical performance
- Provide assistance in the field during plant start-ups, shutdowns etc
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 20+ years of closely related professional experience
- Bachelor"s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering speciality, or equivalent professional experience
- Extensive knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities - Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications