Project Engineer - Mechanical/Chemical background
1 day left
- Full Time
Our client is seeking a Project Engineer to support their business unit in Richmond, CA.
They are seeking an experienced Project Engineer to support the Project Services & Engineering team within the ETC Business Unit in Richmond, Ca. The Project Services and Engineering team supports all ETC laboratories with facilities engineering and project services. This is a multi-year equipment, piping and controls project, and the position may be extended over time.
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Chemical engineering required.
* 3-10 years' experience on small, complex projects. Specific experience with utility piping systems and small process plants.
* Previous experience with computer applications and software related to engineering field, such as Computer Aided Design (CAD) required
* Comfortable working on multiple engineering and facilities projects in an operating facility.
* Advanced ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations required
* Creativity, verbal and written communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
* Consummate team player.
* Candidates local to Richmond area required
* If requested for an interview, work samples/examples required
* Distillation experience is nice to have
Education: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Chemical engineering required
The Project Engineer will be responsible for:
* Prepare specifications for small pilot scale process systems. This will require coordination with operations, technical experts and engineers. Facilitate vendor qualification, and deliverable review, Factory Acceptance Test, MEP + structural engineering and commissioning.
* Coordinate with OEMs and 3rd party Engineers to complete designs.
* Provide as built drawings of utility piping systems, work with operations and maintenance personnel to recommend upgrades, prepare work packages, assist with MOC document requirements, sequence and oversee work. Piping is small bore (4" and under) in a laboratory environment
* Sequence, pace and schedule effort of multiple small projects, to assure that work packages, permits, MOCs and materials are queued up.
* Coordinate or complete engineering studies to qualify small pilot plant upgrades
* Prepare status reports and communications
* Manage project documents and drawings
Notes from Manager:
1. Capable and organized in Project Engineering of multiple projects
2. Skilled in teamwork and communication at all levels
3. Experienced with design and construction of small piping and process systems