I have a contract opportunity available for a Metering engineer to join a global technology and engineering leader.
Please read the job description below and contact me with a up to date Cv if you are relevant... if not please pass these details on to colleagues, friends etc.
6 months +
Provide technical metering support to client asset operations and maintenance departments including supporting the offshore and onshore metering specialists.
- Compile and provide accurate and reliable data to support the contract scope.
- * Compile and generate mismeasurements, analyse and provide operational measurement data.
- * Apply relevant practices and procedures for the planning and management of supply of metering equipment and systems e.g. test equipment, certification, PMR's.
- * Ensure validity of general flow calculations or reported measurement data on liquid and gas systems. e.g. ranges, beta ratios, certification.
- * Prepare, input and monitor re certification, operating and maintenance procedures to ensure overall integrity of the measurement process.
- * Work to the commercial pipeline transportation and/or allocation and measurement agreements that clients have agreed to.
- * Proactively identify and share alternative solutions to meet current contract scope with team or Engineer.
- * Understand clients existing liquid and gas metering system function.
- * Ensure technical and operational documentation and records are in place to facilitate full measurement audit trail.
- * Maintain general awareness of financial, commercial, planning and control activities and client sensitivities.
* Have sufficient knowledge of liquid and gas metering system design, and the preparation of specifications for metering system equipment and instrumentation, to work within contractor's or client's office. * Have enough knowledge of liquid and gas metering system principles of operation to run or check flow calculations.
* Have the knowledge to check measurement and allocation data. Run queries update enterprise databases or business system. Basic knowledge of all relevant IP, API, AGA, BS and ISO standards and codes of practice relating to general measurement activities. Conversant with local regulations for the North Sea DECC/NPD.
* Should be fully conversant with Office tools (excel, word, access, PowerPoint, Visio, project).
* Should be able to run standard packages to perform check flow calculations.
* Should be fully conversant with HYSYS and MathCAD as they are applied to measurement system calculations or process.
* Should have performed proves and verification's, analysed k-factors performance and identified key problems with Turbine meters, USM's etc.
* Has interrogated, updated and sense checked configuration of Metering System Flow
Education and Experience EDUCATION:
* The job holder should have an engineering degree or as a minimum a recognised, relevant trade qualification, HNC qualification or higher.
* 3 years relevant experience within the oil and gas or related industry
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales