Senior Fabrication Manager - OSS Offshore Coordinator
We're hiring in Berlin!
The OSS Offshore Coordinator is a Key role within the Baltic Offshore Wind Project focusing on assisting with the delivery of OFFSHORE SUBSTATION in Fabrication Yards and Port Operations and ensuring that our position is suitably protected at any Construction agreements.
The individual will be working as part of a multi-cultural project with activities in different countries across Europe. The position may require frequent travel to various locations in Europe, or even temporary relocations, and overseas and during the delivery of the Offshore Construction.
- To support the OFSS Fabrication Manager to coordinate interfaces with other project packages, contractors and Project Marine coordination team.
- To support the OFSS Fabrication Contractor in the preparation of the Offshore campaign
- To assist the OFSS Fabrication Manager in the selection of the Offshore Logistic Commissioning Spread, including the selection of the support Jack-up vessel
- To assist the OFSS Fabrication Manager in the contractual/commercial discussions with the Contractor related to the Offshore Works.
- To coordinate and manage all Jack-up and down operations and any other marine operation required during the offshore cold commissioning works.
- To ensure the fulfilment of the planned activities on time and coordinate all the logistics associated
- To attend the onshore coordination meetings with Construction team
- To ensure throw the Project H&S manager that all the safety aspects are being covered before the people is deployed to the Offshore Location.
- To update project logistic documents when required.
- Identification, evaluation and estimation of project risks for the offshore commissioning works
- Participate in the review process for risk assessments and method statements and Sub Contractors’ plans, making sure the works are followed in accordance with these RAMS.
- To assist the OFSS Fabrication Manager with logistic actions and tasks including creating, storing and filing logistic documents.
- Provide help with the investigation of incidents, if needed.
- Assist in preparing Logistic reports.
- Provide a competent opinion and interpretation on all logistic matters and legislation when required.
- To assist the OFSS Fabrication Manager with the coordination daily meeting
- Manage the weather downtime conditions, assisting in the negotiations to establish the final agreement with the OFSS Fabrication Contractor and following up in a daily basis the conditions to agree or not such conditions in coordination with the vessel master, OFSS Fabrication Contractor and Project Construction team.
- Liaise with Project Construction Team and Port Authorities in any matter related to logistics including material and people transport to/from the OFSS or within the Port, also including control of personnel shifts (arrival dates, departure dates, overall trips control...).
- Review of OFSS Fabrication Contractor documentation to ensure compliance with relevant standards, recommended practices, guidelines and industry best practice
- Support the OFSS Fabrication Manager to manage Marine Warranty Surveyor’s review of associated marine operation documentation and responsibility for procuring Certificate of Approval for the marine operations
- Management of the master document register for documents related to marine operations and logistic.
- Meeting attendance and MoMs
- Installation Offshore Contractors
- OFCA Project Management
- IAC Project Management
- Commissioning team
- Project delivery & Construction team
- GIS team / systems
- Marine Coordination team
- BEng or similar
- Preferably 8 years’ experience in offshore marine operations
- Detailed understanding of relevant certification requirements
- Experience of management of teams in complex projects with multidisciplinary parties and tight schedules.
- Planning and organising skills
- Ability to interact with people at all levels within and external to the company
- Experience in review and management of contractor documentation/engineering
- Experience in management of offshore client reps, MWS and offshore operations
- Experience in performance of Desk Top Studies
- Detailed knowledge of vessel management and associated activities
- Experience in fabrication and commissioning works
- Persistence and self-motivated
- English (B2 or higher)
- GWO, BOSIET or similar
- Offshore Medical Certificate
- Reasonably knowledge of maritime marine legislation
- Primavera/ Project MS User
- Contract Management or Claims Training
- Other Languages, Fluent Spanish, (B2 or higher) very desirable
- Experience in offshore windfarm, Power Facilities, marine works/operations or Power oil and gas delivery.
- Experience in contract negotiations and detailed commercial delivery contracts.
- Balance technical detail with commercial needs and provide recommendations, taking into account all relevant risks.
- Experience to manage co-ordination of Construction interests of development-construction-operations, particularly monitoring/feedback. Develop and apply knowledge of German/ European Design legislation.
- Ensure that all recommendations are documented and sufficient due diligence exists to support decisions (whether internal or external diligence).
- Experience Liaising with Site/ Fabrication Contractors to ensure our requirements are incorporated within project structures.
- Experience in dealing with health and safety and environmental legislation associated with offshore Fabrication, marine and offshore projects.
- Ability to understand a broad range of Offshore and project delivery matters and decide on strategies to minimize impact and maximize opportunity to the business.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to influence and develop key project and business decisions.
- Good report writing, presentation skills and ability to summarize key parameters and drivers impacting the project and business.
- Sound planning and analysis skills with the ability to look forward and see / anticipate problems and thereafter plan and implements mitigating solutions to negate the effect of such problems.
- Sound relationship management skills and confidence working with Project Directors and Senior Management.
- Problem solving – dealing with conflicting requirements.
- Tenacity, persistence and determination to succeed in overcoming obstacles.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.