Assistant Manager - Finance
- Assist the leadership team in building a long-term vision and strategy to continue growing the business. You will also take ownership in business development activities and shall start pursuing opportunities and leading their delivery.
- The role also requires the candidate to have a solid knowledge of IPSAS and IFRS and being able to conduct in depth researches on complex matters, prepare technical papers for discussion with clients
- Serve as the technical expert for governmental accounting principles, policy, concepts and management.
- Review incoming source documents; ensure the integrity, propriety, accuracy, and timeliness of accounting transactions.
- Plan and organize the activities of the finance and accounting office ensuring customer service functions comply with legal and regulatory requirements and meet customer needs.
- Assist customers interpret accounting data, apply financial data to management problems, and develop extracts of accounting systems data for use in financial program execution analysis.
- Provide expert advice to senior leaders on complex issues regarding accounting operations, accounts payable and national payroll.
- Examine a variety of documents, records and accounting reports to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting policies, new operating procedures, and revised regulations.
- Analyze accounting documents, records, reports and processes to ensure conformance with governmental accounting principles, operating procedures, and regulations.
- Provide direct supervision over personnel of customer service, customer support, foreign national civilian pay, and commercial accounts.
- You will be expected to lead, coach, train and mentor junior staff, and support their growth and drawing their career path
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Public Administration, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, etc. MBA is a plus.
- Mandatory qualifications: The following qualification(s) are mandatory for the candidate to perform the role CPA, ACA, ACCA (or equivalent).
- Preferable qualifications: The following qualification(s) are preferable and beneficial for the candidate to perform the role: PMP, PFM and IPSAS related certificates, and any digital certificate will be a plus.
- Years of Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience in IPSAS, IFRS, cash to accrual conversion, preferably within a professional services environment.
- A good understanding of public finance management and government accounting and reporting
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proven soft skills in the following–Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Arabic speaking is mandatory, fluency in English is preferred.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.