Field Service Engineer
Before applying for this role, please ensure you have read our privacy notice which is available to download below, under ‘supporting documents’. If you consent to our privacy terms and are interested in this position, please send your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, if you submit your application you are consenting to the terms and conditions laid out in this notice. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact our Office Manager on email@example.com.
• Relevant qualification in an electrical/mechanical or engineering discipline
• City & Guilds 17/18th BS7671 Wiring Regs.
• City & Guilds 2399-13-Solar PV Installation
• City & Guilds 2399-14-Solar PV maintenance or equivalent
• Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Electrical Installation
• AP15/OP40 – Certified
• City & Guilds 2391-52 Test & Inspect or equivalent
• 3+ years Solar PV O&M Experience on Utility Scale Solar
• 3+ years Network diagnostics & Remote communications experience
• 3+ years LV/HV Planned Preventative maintenance G59 Competent
• Familiarity with Earthing Systems - including measuring and monitoring Relays
• Excellent understanding of Central/String Inverters with relevant Manufacturers training
• Excellent computer skills with a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as CMMS and Reporting software
• Knowledge of power electronics and circuitry, power generation technologies and equipment
• Excellent understanding of CCTV systems
Purpose of the Field Service Engineer Role
The Field Service Engineer will attend customers' sites, maintaining various solar PV systems on a day-to-day basis. These PV systems are mainly ground mounted PV systems. The Field Service Engineer will be carrying out maintenance on installations, utilising and testing solar PV.
Health and Safety also plays a significant part in this role with responsibilities including following company and site-specific method statements and risk assessments whilst ensuring tasks are performed in accordance with industry best practices, industry best safety practices, company and owner procedures, plans, and guidelines as well as all pertinent laws and regulations/standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for routine maintenance, testing, and remedial work on deployed solar PV systems
2. Responsible for complying with BOL procedures
3. Installation of any new Solar PV or Wind systems in the current pipeline
4. Responsible for performing Preventative Maintenance accordingly with the PPM annual plan
5. Responsible for performing Corrective Maintenance as occur
6. Reporting of activities performed on site, daily basis, through the CMMS or manual reports as applicable
7. Own risk assessment, analysis and operational Limitations. Report all near misses to line manager
BOL Field Service Engineer Job Description
8. Responsible for supervision and coordination of third party contractors carrying out works on site
9. Coordinate third party contractors in order to comply with H&S Regulations
10. Keeping accurate and detailed records of electrical testing, that are suitable for audit
11. Fault finding for any system that is not performing correctly
12. Alert the line manager of any issues
13. Maintain data security and confidentiality by using information within the parameters of the job role, any applicable SLAs, the company data policies and / or privacy notices and the statutory guidelines set out within the GDPR and any associated UK legislation. Pay particular regard to any data that is generated by CCTV or that may be classified as personal data.
14. Comply with all required fire, health and safety requirements for the environment in which you are working, including making yourself aware of the current applicable policies and risk assessments and acting accordingly, and attending any required training. In particular to adhere to bio security, health and safety and confined spaces protocols.
15. Any other reasonable task as requested by a Manager, Partner or Director of the business
Interactions within Bluefield
1. Communicate as required with BSL Asset Management Team regarding maintenance/issues/failures of equipment
2. Provide information to line manager (RM/O&MM) daily for reporting as requested
3. Obtain information from line manager (RM/O&MM) weekly for shift and planned intervention
4. Attend conference call, BOL headquarters and/or other Bluefield group offices as required for team meetings
This role is field based within a region primarily designated to you and you are routinely required to work on company sites within the UK. You may be required to stay away overnight for periods of time until jobs are completed.
This role requires you to be able to drive and you are therefore required to hold a full clean UK driving licence. You are also responsible for ensuring that your vehicle is road worthy at all times.
There may be opportunities to travel overseas on occasion and this may be required for training purposes
Hours of Work
This role is primarily Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 16.30pm in Winter 1st October – 31st March and 8- 5.30pm in summer 1st April-30th September or part-time hours where agreed.
You may be required on occasion to work evenings (until approximately sunset in summer / 6pm in winter) and weekends / Bank Holidays.
This role will require you to work on an on-call rota with other BOL employees to provide out of hours emergency support to our client sites on a seven day per week basis during daylight hours.
You may occasionally be required to stay away overnight for periods of time if there is a requirement at a client site for a field service engineer to be available over more than one day at a location not local to Bristol.
BOL Field Service Engineer Job Description
BOL reserves the right to vary or amend the on-call or out of hours rotas at any time to meet business needs and will provide employees with a minimum of one month’s notice of any such changes. Any such changes may be on a temporary or permanent basis.
It is intended for the above described working hours to apply to this role when the business need demands it; if the above is not in effect at the time of recruitment it does not indicate that this will not be implemented at some point in future. If the initial working hours are “office hours” this does not indicate that these have become the contractual working hours by custom and practice, nor does it mean that we waive our rights to enforce the working and on-call hours requirements laid out in this job description at any time in the future. The business reserves the right to introduce the on-call and out of hours rotas when required by giving employees a minimum of one month’s notice.
• Collaborative – Demonstrate effective team work and close collaboration across functions and geographical locations, to facilitate knowledge sharing and continued learning and development for the benefit of everyone
• Diligent - Excellent time keeping, punctuality and consistent attendance at work as well as meeting deadlines, persevering with challenging tasks, demonstrating meticulous attention to detail and consistently delivering work to the highest standard
• Trustworthy - To act ethically and with integrity in all working practices and behave with honesty and decency at all times. Be trusted with the functions of your job and be able to take sole responsibility for a task or work alone as required
• Flexible Working attitude - Respond to changing requirements which may affect the working day, and to deal appropriately with varying customer needs
• Well Organised - Capable of planning effectively and then dealing with a number of different tasks at a time whilst still maintaining priority on the needs of the business and our customers
• Positive attitude - Deal with challenging situations in a positive manner; have the ability to remain calm and maintain a balanced viewpoint when dealing with complex or difficult matters and demonstrating a high degree of resilience in the workplace
• Communicative – Able to communicate at all levels across the staff and management of Bluefield and to interact professionally with all colleagues and our customers
• Ambitious – Enthusiastic about the Bluefield businesses and to want to have a continuously rewarding career with the Company, to work on new challenges with enthusiasm, demonstrate initiative, stretch capabilities and seek opportunities for personal development
• Customer Focussed – understand that the needs of the customer take priority and strive for excellence in customer satisfaction at all times
• High degree of motivation and drive.
BOL reserve the right to vary or amend this description as required to meet the changing needs of the business. Any such changes will be reasonable and will be communicated to employees.