- Assist the ECP Offshore Construction Superintendent and all ECP team onboard AKPO in the implementation of the Health, Safety and Environment standards & objectives, in compliance with MAESTRO referential, TUCN HSE MS and Company E&P Referential during AKPO FFSD 2018
- To conduct with Contractor, regular HSE inspections of project activities. Maintain record of such inspections detailing the finding and recommendations. To follow up the clearance of inspection punch list items and they are rapidly closed by Contractor.
- To ensure that all Construction Equipment ( lifting appliance/accessories, shackles, sling, chain blocks, etc) are fit for purpose and have proper certification and color coding / tagging where required prior to use on working areas.
- Checks the preparation of work activities on site with the aim of making the area safe and practical for the job with limited impact on other activities.
- Ensures that all recommendations expressed in the Permit To Work are implemented.
- Controls the development of the work until its completion and ensures that the area is left in an acceptable condition.
- Anticipates risks, stops any activity when the situation may drift and immediately reports to the control room.
- Serves as a member of the FPSO's Emergency Response Intervention Team (ERIT).
- Checks and certifies scaffoldings.
- Assists in monitoring safety equipment test, inspection and maintenance level to ensure reliability.
- Inspects administrative and operations areas on site to ensure compliance to standards and procedures.
- Update in weekly basis EPOB matrix of ECP team onboard include all Contractors under ECP responsibility
- Assists in the conduct of site specific safety training to improve safety awareness.
- Participates in the incidents and anomalies investigations and close out and ECP PTW audit
- Provides assistance in the areas of waste segregation, quantification, labelling, containment and recording.
- Carries out duties as directed by the Offshore Construction Superintendent and the Offshore Head of HSE.
- Any other work of a similar nature as may be requested by DW ECP Management.
- Constant interface with DW ECP HSE Department in Lagos.
- Assist and Co-ordinate with FOPS HSE the relevant and required HSE preparatory works
- Assist and Co-ordinate with the Contractors all required HSE documentation to be provided
- Ensures PTW's are conspicuously displayed at work locations and adequately sheathed from adverse weather conditions.
- Ensures that HSE daily pre-job meetings are held on site and HSE tours are carried out daily.
Minimum Qualification: B.Sc degree in Health and Safety Engineering, Safety or Risk Management or Environmental Studies with 5 years of experience in HSE positions in an Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Industry preferably on an FPSO.
Capable of handling audits, incident investigations, reporting and performance management.
Familiarity with the development of RA, HAZOPs, HAZIDs etc.
Experience: Verifiable experience in the use of MS Office packages.
Fluent in English, strong communication skills.
Good Leadership and interpersonal skills.
Must be a team player