Project Engineer - Piping
1. Management of projects through the phases initiation, study, engineering, procurement up to hand over of installation packages to Construction Department. Further: be contact person during installation/construction period (changes/clarifications/ variations etc), commissioning, as-build and close out.
2. Ensure the work is done in accordance with HSE and the company procedural and technical requirements
3. Coordinate with Planning and Cost Control to ensure that an integrated cost and scheduling system is implemented, reviewed and followed up for every project.
4. Ensure that all approvals for expenditure have been obtained.
5. Ensure variations are processed and approved according to procedures
6. Assist in development of annual capital budget
7. Initiate and prepare proposals for modifications/projects
8. Monitor monthly performance and project budget.
9. Ensure that appropriate project assurance steps are conducted throughout the project life cycle.
10. Ensure that technical integrity/quality is achieved in accordance with company targets.
11. Ensure projects are executed in accordance with regulatory compliance.
12. Responsible for continuous improvement of project execution process
13. For assigned projects, be the single contact vs the Engineering & Procurement (E&P) Contractor's project engineer and the Construction Team
14. Facilitate communication between E & P contractor, Construction Team and Operations (OPS) technical resources
15. Ensure that the Change Process (MOC) is being followed,
16. Prepare and present projects to the budget owner and/or the OPS Management.
17. Anticipate problems before they become critical.
18. Approve vendor invoices in accordance with Procurement guidelines and authorization.
19. Manage Project Information through Document Control and MOC Procedures.
20. Ensure all engineering (document reviews, bid summaries, queries etc) is issued to the appropriate groups and authorities for comments and approval in a timely manner.
21. Ensure that projects are appropriately closed-out
A leading Oil & Gas operator
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Education: Engineering degree in Piping or Mechanical discipline
1. The post-holder shall be degree qualified in engineering
2. Minimum of 5 years experience as a discipline engineer in the gas / oil industry
3. Minimum of 4 years experience in project engineering and execution
4. A track record in HSE Leadership, commitment and delivery is essential
5. English speaking, knowledge of French would be an advantage.
6. Recent relevant experience working directly for owner / operator / end client
7. Recent relevant experience working in remote hardship location
1. Leadership and commitment to excellence in HSE performance
2. Working Knowledge of the standards, design, construction, operation and maintenance for the systems and equipment used in the industry.
3. Project and operations planning principles and systems
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.