Rotating Equipment Quality Control Technician 4 - Prudhoe Bay, Alaska
Inspection of all incoming turbine, compressor, and pump parts.
- Inspection of all new and used parts, to ensure that parts are within tolerance and in good working order. All part numbers must be verified before being distributed to the overhaul crew and/or being put into the warehouse inventory.
- Ensure new and repaired parts received into the warehouse are as identified on the documentation.
- Ensure that parts received on the job site are correct and meet vendor specification; if there is a discrepancy, the information is passed on to the rotating engineers and BP team lead and are not put into service. Inspection of used parts to assist rotating engineers in repair of parts removed from service.
- Research part numbers in the ASCI smart tracker system.
- Routinely performs safety and productivity observations; shop, field and vehicle inspections; and is required to attend various components of technical, developmental and safety training.
- Must demonstrate support for the company’s environmental management system.
- Must have good communication skills for use in dealing with the rotating engineers and BP team lead
- Must be proficient in the use of the following tools: Micrometers (inside and out; calipers up to 74”).
- Must be proficient in Portal G and use of Excel documents.
- Must be able to work as part of a team; communicate effectively with fellow workers and alternate; and demonstrate adherence to established safety policies and procedures.
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is required to:
Must have ability to stand, walk on level, uneven and slippery surfaces, sit, squat, kneel, reach through low and high ranges and exhibit normal balance and coordination. These basic physical requirements are essential for safe performance of the job in harsh environments with exposure to very cold temperatures and while wearing arctic gear.
- Lift 40 lbs from floor to knuckles x 2 with a 12 second interval
- Lift 40 lbs from floor to shoulders x 2 with a 12 second interval
- Carry Test: Carry 40 lbs with two hands for 50 feet x 2; self-paced, but continuous; allow a 60 second rest break between carry tests
- Shovel 5 minutes self-paced and continuous (See shoveling test instructions at end of this document.)
- Stairs: Walk up and down 12 steps x 10 for a total of 120 steps; self-paced; allow a 60 second rest break after walking up and down 60 steps
- Slanted Ladder: Climb up and down 5 rungs x 3 for a total of 15 rungs; self-paced, but continuous
- Repetitive Stoop Test: Perform from standing position, bend forward at waist as far as possible without bending the knees with hands reaching toward the floor x 5, self-paced, but continuous
- Repetitive Kneel Test: Perform from standing, kneel on one knee, alternate from left to right knee, x 5 each knee.
- Repetitive Squat Test: Perform a functional squat and stand x 5
- Twist and Flex Test: Perform from standing alternate toe touches x 5 to each side to assess ability to twist and flex the trunk repetitively
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Three (3) years of experience in the mechanical field working with turbines, compressors, pumps and rotating equipment
- Valid driver's license and the ability to be covered by Jacob's auto insurer
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
CH2M is now Jacobs, join us and love what you do. Focus on tackling the toughest challenges with a smile as you support the development of life-changing infrastructure that improves communities across Alaska. See the inherent value in your point of view as you deliver for our clients.Jacob's will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.,) to fill this position.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.