Project Manager - Power
As a Project Manager with experience across Anaerobic Digestion (AD), landfill gas, biomass combustion or gas engine reserve power provision as well as solar and wind power parks this role will require that you oversee the construction and, upon completion, assets across a wide portfolio on behalf of the client. Initially you will be primarily focussed on the gas engine reserve power assets.
Key interfaces within this role will include EPC and O&M contractors with responsibility to ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget, and resolve issues as they arise.
Your experience in previous roles will allow you to demonstrate:
- Significant knowledge of power plant construction, or transferable skills from managing other complex, heavy industry, turnkey infrastructure projects
- Knowledge of typical project documents (including O&M and EPC contracts) and experience of managing the needs of project finance providers
- Deep understanding of CDM Regulations, CDM projects execution and management
- Knowledge of wider HSE practices and requirements (ideally including WAMITAB) and experience liaising with HSE, Environment Agency and other regulatory/statutory bodies
- Understanding of fuel, quality, supply chain and process optimization
Other core responsibilities will include:
- Support the asset managers in ensuring contracts are enforced and any relevant claims pursued
- Drive issue resolution and support commercial decision making throughout construction and operational phases of power plants, including supporting the asset managers in getting approvals from the relevant investment committee if necessary
- Liaise with the construction and operation contractors of the power plants to monitor progress and performance throughout the life cycle of plants; pro-actively identify potential issues ahead of time
- Recommend and manage changes to contractors as necessary.
- Maintain and enhance the risk monitoring and H&S framework in place, designed to identify any issues early and resolve them in a timely fashion
Site experience and a willingness to visit sites as required is essential though this role will, in the main, be office based.
This role is initially a fix term contract for 12 months with a view to a permanent position.
If you would like to discuss the opportunity further then please contact Jonathan Metters at Fircroft on 01925 - 281 - 445
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.