CWA Technical Sale Manager
Coordinate Sales & Marketing Efforts for Weatherford Products and Services to; assist in developing new business for Weatherford by identifying and exploiting market opportunities, retain existing business, ensure that products and services are delivered and executed within the required time frame and quality standards, provide technical support and operations training for the organization The Sales Engineer is expected to support the RPLM or CPLM within the existing Weatherford Country/ Regional infrastructure.
The primary role of Technical Sale is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. They must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with Weatherford. The TSM must develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship. The TSM is also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients. TSM works with mid and senior level management, marketing, and technical staff. He/she may manage the activities of others responsible for developing business for Weatherford. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the business manager's responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to Weatherford. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company's competitors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visit Client companies to ascertain feedback on current work undertaken on their behalf, develop satisfactory resolutions to problems which may have arisen, and discuss and plan future work requirements which Weatherford could develop - and thus foster good relations with Client companies and develop further business.
- In addition to the above, while visiting with a Client, update them on Weatherford products and services, and identify and discuss any future work requirements which Weatherford could develop into additional business opportunities.
- When invited to tender for products and services by a Client, arrange follow up visit with the company in order to fully ascertain their requirements and develop the basis for Weatherford's response to the invitation to tender.
- Maintain contact with operations department (Including workshop & Support Services) to ensure that client's equipment & operational requirements are understood by all and that the products and services can be provided.
- Responsible for ensuring that the customer's requirements are identified, this information will be captured on our Statement of Requirement document (SOW ) it is the responsibility of the TSM to complete this documentation for every job & to discuss the requirements with the operations supervisor. The SOR is the linking document between the Customer & Operations. It is also the function of the Sales Engineer to communicate and update any changes to the SOR when well parameters or objectives change.
- Assist Commercial Group in preparation of technical proposals and ensuring that technical proposals meet client requirements.
- It is the responsibility of the TSM to liaise with the customer and close out any NCRs between the Customers. In doing so he/she will liaise internally with the Weatherford Country Manager & where applicable the Operations Manager & QHSE Manager to determine the root cause and identify preventative steps preventing repetition.
- Maintain regular contact across the various departments of Weatherford - for example when developing the tender documentation, the job holder will need to discuss requirements with Operations personnel in order to ensure that the products and services can be provided, and will arrange for the final documents to be scrutinized by QHSE, Finance, etc. in order to ensure that all non-technical areas of the tender have been fully
- Work closely with the Contract Tender Team o drive submission.
- Anticipate Tender in the area via data base.
- Define Sale strategic with any open opportunity in the area.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in down whole Completion systems, well Constructions and Production Systems Products.
- Track record of achievements which have had major impact on a business
- Range and depth of experience in the offshore wells with track record in completions.
- Strategic, Operational & commercial business knowledge
- Technical Leadership capabilities & management skills in a matrix organization
- Minimum 3 year of experience in sales.
- 5 to 10 years' experience in oil & gas business.
- Pass and share knowledge with your completions peers
- Demonstrate and instil the drive to win
- Nurture innovation
- Mentoring colleagues