Area Construction Manager
Area Construction Manager
- Site based – Karratha
- High performing regional team
- Residential position is highly regarded, however FIFO is available
The EPCM Area Construction Manager is accountable for managing the site construction activities of one of two Site Implementation Contractors to achieve project HSE, schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
- HSE performance for their construction team to ensure that site team is aligned with WorleyParsons and the clients HSE requirements and standards;
- Ensuring Site Safety systems are established, communicated and complied with;
- Managing Implementation Contractor’s construction performance;
- Liaising with the Site Manager and managing the resolution of any issues that may arise;
- Management of the Implementation Contractors to ensure and verify that all construction work conforms to the project engineering and quality system requirements;
- Coordinating the overall work effort to maintain the schedule and budget within agreed parameters, including progress reporting;
- Schedule information, forecast, review, analysis and update;
- Participating in Project Risk Management Processes;
- Managing responses to all Site Queries including technical queries (TQs) in a timely manner;
- Chair Contract Progress Meetings.
- Document and manage site related scope changes in accordance with Site Management of Changes processes.
The successful candidate must be knowledgeable in the establishment and application of construction management systems, processes and tools, and possess excellent technical and practical skills to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to WorleyParsons and its client.
Essential Skills / Competencies Required:
- Demonstrate Excellent Safety Leadership abilities - Be able to represent WorleyParsons on the construction site, providing visible HSE Leadership, organizing, administering, and controlling site activities in accordance with the relevant legislation, client and Project requirements.
- Able to make difficult decisions and lead and manage others.
- Excellent people management skills such as leadership, team, interpersonal, coaching, mentoring and supervisory skills. Must be able to build, motivate, develop and manage an effective team.
- Ability to plan, set goals; and manage time, priorities, resources, accountabilities, schedules and cost.
- Understands WorleyParsons Vision and purpose, translates it into team goals and objectives, and gains team commitment to achieving those goals and objectives.
- Effectively manages and resolves conflict between individuals and/or groups.
- Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet WorleyParsons and its client's needs.
- Extensive technical, practical and leadership experience, including experience in construction management positions and construction management.
- A thorough understanding of industrial construction environments and proven supervisory experience in multi-disciplinary teams
- Approximately, 15 years in similar management roles to include Construction site project and strategic corporate exposure
- A recognized degree or trade in the relevant discipline or equivalent qualification/experience
Flexibility to be residential in Karratha will be highly regarded however it is not essential and FIFO arrangements are available.
How to Apply:
To apply now for this role please complete the online application process through the WorleyParsons website www.worleyparsons.com .
You must have current unrestricted working rights for Australia to be eligible for consideration and only those candidates with appropriate qualifications and experience will be contacted directly.
We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity. Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with WorleyParsons.