Communications Officer - Doha, Qatar
The Communication Officer will be an integral part of the project team supporting on the delivery of media, public information, community and corporate responsibility activities.
CH2M has been awarded a contract by Qatar's Public Works Authority (Ashghal) to work on four projects within Qatar's Expressway Programme, which will result in strengthened road infrastructure. CH2M has been selected as the supervising engineer and design consultant for Group 1, working on two projects in the East-West Corridor, the Al Wakrah Bypass, and the Al Wakrah Main Road; the work will include site supervision and design services.
We are providing site supervision on the two projects in the East-West Corridor, which is located to the south of Doha. Between the two projects, two 10km, dual 5 lane carriageways will be built as well as various grade separated interchanges, footways and cycleways. This will help the accessibility to both the New Industrial Area and the Barwa development within the area.
The two other projects are based in and around Al Wakrah town; CH2M will carry out the concept design through to site supervision of the 11km Al Wakrah Main Road going through the centre of the city, as well as the design review and supervision of 11km Al Wakrah Bypass running to the west.
• Build strong relationships with local communities; ensure the project engages with all sections of relevant communities, especially hard to reach groups.
• Attending and at times leading both internal and external meetings with stakeholders regarding all external communications issues.
• Lead on the logistics and delivery of the site-based corporate responsibility programmes.
• Source and draft content for external media stories as well as internal communications to highlight project milestones.
• Prepare on-message, brand compliant, effective communications materials as required by the Client.
• Coordinating creative outputs on site with project photographers.
• Comply with Health, Safety, Security & Environment policies & standards to maintain a safe workplace.
• Bachelor Degree in a communications, journalism or public relations or related field from an internationally recognised accredited university.
• Some experience in a similar role working on supporting communications activities.
• Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
• Exceptional command of English language and grammar.
• A keen interest in media relations, internal communications, community relations and corporate social responsibility.
At CH2M, we’re always hard at work laying the foundation for human progress. This is especially true in our MENAI region, where we have a long history of delivering successful projects in the Transportation sector. Our success in the region is due to the top talent that has joined our team, and in 2015, we were selected as one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Most InDemand Employers in MENA. This award, based on actual behavioural data of professionals as they engage with companies and explore their career path on LinkedIn, shows that our future teammates are drawn to our projects and values – not the least of which is our commitment to safety, which plays a leading role in how we engage with one another, our projects and our planet.
Join us today and learn how we turn challenges into opportunities.