Sox & Operational Risk Specialist
SOX & OPERATIONAL RISK SPECIALIST
Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek a Sox & Operational Risk Specialist to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX for an initial 6-month contract, likely to be extended.
Within this position, you will be responsible for assisting departments with the maintenance of the operational risk program and the inside controls system which includes SOX reporting requirements and control testing. Alongside, support in the evaluation of procedures and provide recommendations.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Cooperate with cross-functional teams (Front Office, Credit and Risk, Back Office and Accounting, management, and external auditors) to develop process improvements
- Provide monitoring, reporting, and analysis of the status of open incidents until they are fully remediated
- Gather and monitor KPI and compile it for demonstration to management
- Apply impressions of risk assessment
- Assist with all parts of SOX testing (Financial, Entity-Level, IT and Company Level)
- Verify with the team in consolidation testing procedures used to measure internal controls
- Assess the suitability of management's strategies for amending audit findings and/or control deficits
- Improve and maintain effective business relationships with essential staff and management. Build relationships with business parts to guarantee understanding of audit scope, procedures, compliance with control requirements and reporting methods
Previous education and experience required:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint and advanced skill in Excel. Proficient in computer application skills