Well Site Drilling Leader
6 days left
- Full Time
Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is seeking a Wellsite Drilling Leader to work in as 12+ months contract position in Victoria, TX.
- The Well Site Leader is accountable for supervising offshore/onshore drilling, completion and workover operations at our rig sites, leading all activity, HSE, operations, and logistics at the well site.
- Although the work is primarily at the rig site, some time may be required in the office undertaking operations planning and after-action reviews.
- 12 hours per day - 2 weeks on/2 weeks off
- Daytime experienced WSLs.
- 11 to 15 years of experience minimum.
- Eagle Ford, and especially Austin Chalk experience is preferred.
- Bachelor Degree is preferred
- Well Control Certification (IWCF/IADC only)
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Manage onsite operations safely and efficiently, and lead field personnel to deliver the business objectives, in full compliance with relevant standards, policies, and legislation.
- Demonstrate and consistently apply the highest level of leadership in HSE standards, practices and policies.
- Ensure site safety and environmental management systems are implemented as designed and are consistent with internal policies and standards.
- Ensure site team members have a clear understanding of the objectives of the operation and their roles in delivering these objectives.
- Deliver continuous performance improvement by efficient management of onsite resources and use of best practices.
- Ensure all activities by onsite personnel are coordinated and in compliance with well program procedures.
- Coordinate and communicate with off-site personnel and resources to manage program changes and deliver business objectives.
- Ensure onsite lessons are captured and shared effectively.
- Monitor, evaluate and report daily operations, variances, and performance against the good program objectives and third party contracts.
- Generate reports, investigate, follow-up and ensure close-out of all onsite incidents and near-misses relating to personnel, equipment, and procedures promptly.
- Active management of drilling contractor and service providers offshore in compliance with the company policies and legislative requirements.
- Interface with platform management to ensure appropriate control of simultaneous operation issues.
- Management and control of operational costs.