Senior Electrical Instrumentation & Controls Automation Engineer – Cardiff/ London
Key Skills: Infrastructure, Construction, Building, Energy, Transportation
Location: Cardiff, Croydon OR Guilford
Salary / Package: £55,000 depending on location and experience + great pension, company bonus, income protection, medical and dental care, life insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible benefits scheme.
Timeframe: Role has full sign off and budget
Interviews: Can be held at a time to suit within 1-3 weeks
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Danny Olufunwa
Key Words: Electrical, Instrumentation, Control Systems, Controls, MV, LV, SCADA, PLC, Automation
The Position & Experience Required
Our partner is a leader in design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services that work in partnership with leading global organisations to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets.
We are URGENTLY looking for a Senior Electrical / ICA Design Engineer on a PERMANENT STAFF basis. It is a great opportunity to develop your career and are ambitious to achieve your career potential. You will be looking to join the utilities team in Cardiff, Croydon or Guildford as a Senior Electrical / ICA Design Engineer and ensure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go.
The utilities team is involved in some of the UK’s most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. We have an enviable reputation in the delivery of such schemes and are working closely with the Environment Agency and some of the UK’s most established and recognisable utilities companies, undertaking a vast array of projects to enhance the UK’s water and utility services.
• Undertaking design and advisory services relating to new and existing electrical or ICA infrastructure and operation on water and wastewater related schemes
• Ensuring projects meet required legislative, quality, safety and environmental standards and objectives
• Technical delivery of projects, in a Lead Engineer capacity where assigned (subject to scheme size/complexity)
• Identify and develop innovative and optimised technical solutions based on client needs and drivers
• Interface and co-ordinate work with multi-disciplinary teams (e.g., process, civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and ICA)
• Establish relationships with clients and alliance partners on project technical, commercial and progress matters
• Act as mentor or buddy to other staff
• Line management responsibility for assigned staff
• Ensure capture of key project and technical knowledge, including innovations
• Relevant accredited engineering degree and/or Incorporated Engineer
• Chartered engineer
• Membership of appropriate professional institution
• 8 to 10 years post graduate experience
• Preferably experience in technical delivery of clean and wastewater treatment and network projects
• (Electrical) – Experience in technical delivery of MV/LV electrical distribution systems, MCCs, motorised plant, earthing systems
• (ICA) - Experience in technical delivery of PLC, SCADA and telemetry systems and communication networks
• Excellent communication and motivation skills
• Team player with collaborative behaviours
APPLY NOW OR REFER SOMEONE to firstname.lastname@example.org FOR THIS POSITION!!!