Planner - Birmingham (Major Programmes)
CH2M is a global leader in consulting, design and programme management. We love to tackle complex challenges, and we know that our best solutions come out of close, trusted partnerships with our clients and the communities we touch.
Be a part of something Special: Every professional aspires to be part of something special, to innovate and to change the world for the better; leaving their ideas and visions imprinted in the landscape for future generations to wonder 'how' as they marvel at the scale & complexity in front of them.
Here at CH2M we are fortunate to work towards this every day, enhancing the lives of the communities around us and greatly improving infrastructure for business and the economy to compete and thrive.
Our Birmingham team have exciting opportunities across our portfolio including; High Speed 2, Programme Delivery Partner for Highways England, SMART/Major Motorways, Network Rail, Local Authority frameworks, Flood/Environmental frameworks and Major Ground Investigations.
The Role: We are looking for a Planner to manage the evaluation of project time for the project and correlate cost and risk assessment. Manage project planning systems, policies and standards and ensure compliance of planning activities across individual projects to support the successful delivery of the HS2 project.
- Manage the integrated P6 programme meeting the internal / external reporting timelines.
- Correlate schedule, cost and risk assessment through integrated solutions to influence critical path analysis thus providing robust/quality plans for decision making.
- Lead in what-if scenario planning providing integrated solutions to programme/project conflicts and recoveries.
- Manage and monitor processes to integrate scheduling from across all projects within the area of work.
- Work closely with Project Managers to maintain programme schedules, and manage the interface between schedules.
- Support consultant's requirements working with the Planning Manager and/ or Project Controls Manager. Sustain - lead the evaluation of consultant interface reporting including earned value management performance.
- Collaborate with project delivery teams and external stakeholders (including suppliers, regulatory bodies, and the Department for Transport) where necessary to integrate all time, cost and quality information to support the monitoring of project performance.
- Capture and communicate best practice project planning policy, processes and procedures across the business to drive continuous improvement, and provide specialist advice where required.
The Opportunity: HS2 is the planned high speed rail network linking London with Leeds, Manchester and beyond via the West Midlands. CH2M are appointed as a partner for HS2 Ltd. where we work as an integrated team alongside our client managing engineering and other professional services companies to deliver this exciting scheme on time and within budget. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to help deliver one of the world's largest infrastructure projects ever undertaken!
At CH2M, we are constantly striving to further enhance our team resources. We are therefore interested in experienced engineering, environmental & other project professionals, offering significant career prospects, competitive packages, benefits & share options. The opportunity is there to work alongside talented colleagues and collaborative senior management. We continually look to further enhance CH2Mers capability through diverse and challenging work as well as training, development plans & mentorships.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Qualified project manager, or similar professional qualification, with a strong track record of achievement in planning and project management within large scale infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrable understanding of commercial elements within large, complex projects, and a track record of achievement in complex projects.
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. We're full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner 'Engineers without Borders', 'Water for People' and 'Bridges to Prosperity'. We're STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own women's engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Please note that for this role we are only considering applications from candidates with valid working rights for the UK who are willing to accept local employment contract conditions. CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position or offer expatriate employment terms.
For further information please contact: Michael.Jones3@ch2m.com
Job Location CH2M, BirminghamBirmingham, GB
View on Google maps