Research Scientist - Polymers
RESEARCH SCIENTIST - POLYMERS
Full time regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
To strengthen their elastomer R&D team, Baker Hughes currently has an opportunity for a chemist or materials scientist, with expertise in elastomer research and development, compound design, injection moulding processes and at least 2 year s of relevant industry experience.
The elastomer expert will be part of the Enterprise Materials Research Group located at the Baker Hughes Celle Technology Centre.
- Materials analysis for product development and support, with emphasis on scientific understanding of structure-property relationships, failure analysis, design of manufacturing processes and reliability analysis .
- Lead and conduct research projects that improve the understanding of property - field performance relations .
- Define property requirements for new compound developments .
- Collaboration with engineering and product development teams.
- Lead and conduct laboratory examinations for failure analysis, quality control and process optimization .
- Candidate should be comfortable working independently and in a team, delivering project presentations, and able to travel independently to vendors and universities .
- Master's degree or PhD in Organic Chemistry or Material Sciences with a focus on polymers or elastomers, and a minimum of 2 y ea rs industry experience.
- Understanding of polymer science, manufacturing processes, analytical characterizations and measurement techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of compound design and polymer selection of typical polymers used in oil& gas, automotive, aerospace, marine or similar industries .
- Good understanding of required analytical method s.
- Good problem solving skills with a drive for results .
- Good written and verbal skills in English and in German .
- Ability to build peer relationships as well as work ing independently .
- Must be action-oriented, ethical in value, and have a strong customer focus .
- Familiarity with elastomers and thermoplastics , especially NBR, HNBR, FKM and PEEK.
- Familiarity with processes used in polymer manufacturing, component manufacturing and up scaling from laboratory to product scale.
- Experience with metal-polymer bonding systems and characterization .
- Familiarity with mechanical characterization testing, thermal analysis techniques, compositional analysis, and microstructural analysis.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 60,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.