Sr. Software Engineer- Java
Full Time Regular
About This Job
We are looking for a Java EE Developer with at least 3 years' experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. You will be part of a talented software team that works on real-time applications. We need someone who is self-motivated, a quick learner, detail oriented and who also has a solid understanding of Big Data and Java EE design and Micro services architectures. We use agile software development and all the latest and greatest technologies. If you are passionate about development, we are looking for you!
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Effectively work with the team to analyze the product and technology requirements.
- Prepare Object oriented design and analysis on software components and systems.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensure periodic code review and provide necessary corrections and guidance to the junior developers to deliver the best.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Ensure participation in Project Planning for task identification, estimation, dependencies and risk analysis.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular and database level.
- Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems and hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (Struts, Spring MVC)
- Should be proficient to create Junit test suites.
- Basic understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Experience in developing work flow using standard BPM tools, JBPM preferred.
- Basic understanding of UML diagramming techniques and application.
- Strong Communication and reporting skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent with minimum of 3 plus years of application software development experience in Agile SCRUM Process
- Master's Degree
- Prior experience in Real-Time Systems
- Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented.
- Experience in Rule Engines like Drools and BPMN 2.0 based Workflow Engines
- Good Knowledge of Big Data Analytics
- In-depth knowledge of architecture concepts for complex applications
- International working environment
- Multidisciplinary, motivated team
- Task- and industry-specific advanced training
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.