As a global leader of Program Management and Construction Management (PMCM) services with projects ranging from $1 million to programs that cost up to $10 billion, we deliver award winning total Design and/or Construction Management projects for public and private sector clients. From the pre-construction phase, through complete erection of the project, to the post-construction and commissioning, we function as an extension of our clients' goals and aspirations. Project sectors and types include: Aviation, Emergency Operations & Data Centers, Healthcare, both Higher Education and K-12, Hospitality & Entertainment, Correctional & Rehabilitation Facilities, and Research & Development Facilities.
Reporting directly to the Construction Manger this position provides direction to General Contractor regarding quality, safety, and general day to day operations. This is site based position and is the day to day first line of contact with craft labor on the project site.
- Monitors the activities of contractors and subcontractors performing craftwork, ensuring compliance with project quality, safety, and security requirements
- Ensures that subordinates are trained on and aware of specifications and work procedures and are utilized to ensure optimal efficiency
- Maintains effective schedule and cost control of craft personnel
- Plans required work activity to ensure that design drawings, tools, equipment, and materials are available when needed
- Responsible for safety of supervised personnel; ensures that craft personnel comply with established safety policies and procedures, and that they practice safe work habits
- High School diploma is required
- 5+ years of construction site experience as a Superintendent is required
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills are required
- User skills inside the Microsoft Suite of tools is required
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred
- Ability to read electronic scheduling tools such as P6 is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.