PROCESS ENGINEER - 02 - POWER ENGINEER
- Participates in a team environment on assigned projects executing power plant engineering deliverables.
- Participates in the development of projects from conception through detailed design, including, in some cases, commissioning and startup assistance in the field.
- Participates in design efforts including establishing power plant design basis, development of power plant options, and optimization of selected designs.
- Prepares material and energy balances for:
- Major power plant equipment.
- Power plant systems (power plant heat balances).
- Completes design calculations such as; pump hydraulics, line sizing, and relief devices.
- Development of Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs) and Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) including instrumentation and control considerations.
- Supports the development of general arrangement layouts.
- Effectively communicates with the project team and the client.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related science or technology
- EIT not required but advantageious
- 2 - 5 years of relevant engineering or operational experience.
- Experience in power plant operations desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced MS Office Skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) preferred.
- CAD skills (AutoCAD, Microstation) are preferred.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the USA for any employer other than your current employer.