Project Manager (Infrastructure) - Bristol or Cardiff, UK
Working together with our clients, CH2M tackles the challenges affecting economic growth to create vibrant cities, towns and communities where people want to live, work and play.
We know that competitive cities draw talented people, attract investment, foster new businesses, provide jobs and create fresh social and economic opportunities for everyone. From master planning a new "smart" city to revitalizing the core infrastructure, we're dedicated to imagining and delivering innovative, yet practical solutions for urban challenges. We help city leaders build healthy, functional communities where people can raise families, connect with neighbours, pursue careers and enjoy fulfilling lives.
Due to growth, CH2M Bristol office is currently recruiting for an Assistant Project Manager to join their team. The successful candidate will be working on Urban Environment Transport projects and programmes and will be predominantly based at our client office.
• Working within a client office environment and reporting day to day to our senior project managers and project managers
• Management of commercial elements of project delivery
• Bids, extensions and enquiries
• Business cases preparation and presentation
• Development of detailed design briefs
• Stakeholder mapping exercises and development of communication strategies
• Risk Workshops, mitigation/ management strategies and escalation processes
• Procurement - tendering and negotiation processes
• Design process and leading a design team
• Contract management of consultants and contractors
• Project budgets-reporting on cash flow and variations
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
To be considered for this role you will be a highly motivated outcome driven individual with a proven track record of successful multi-disciplinary infrastructure project delivery. You will have had a grounding in engineering planning and design for large scale infrastructure or regeneration projects. This will include some technical design experience.
• MEng, BEng or BSc degree in an engineering or related scientific subject is essential
• Actively working towards accredited professional qualifications in engineering or project management would be desirable
Our Culture : Safety & health conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. We're full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level ***CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner 'Engineers without Borders', 'Water for People' and 'Bridges to Prosperity'. We're STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own women's engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Please note that for this role we are only considering applications from candidates with valid working rights for the UK. CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
Job Location CH2M, BristolBristol, GB
View on Google maps