Green Homes Supply Chain Technical Officer
12 Month Fixed Term Contract - £25,481- Home Based
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Greater South East Energy Hub (GSEEH).
The GSEEH was set up in 2018 and is funded by the Department of Business Energy and Industrial Strategy. The GSEEH covers 11 Local Enterprise Partnerships and 141 local authorities in the south east of England.
Our work encompasses several programmes that reduce carbon and bring social and economic benefit. This includes the administration of the Rural Community Energy Fund and the Green Home Local Authority Delivery Phase 2 programme.
The Greater South East Energy Hub is based within the Business & Skills Energy directorate at the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority.
The Authority was established in March 2017 as a result of powers being devolved to it by Central Government most particularly in regard to securing major developments and improvements in respect of Transport, Housing, Education and Skills across the region with a vision to make Cambridgeshire and Peterborough the leading place in the world to learn, live and work.
This role will support the development of the retrofit supply chain across the Greater South East Energy Hub to deliver home energy efficiency retrofit at scale to meet net zero and fuel poverty alleviation targets. The role holder will support the Supply Chain Engagement Officer to map and monitor supply chain growth, maintaining a register of suppliers and manufacturers.
- To support relationships with local and regional business support and economic development organisations to engage the existing and potential retrofit supply chain.
- To assist in the mapping and monitoring of supply chain growth.
- To support the delivery of a strategy for regional supply chain growth.
- To liaise with Managing Agents (delivery organisations) to understand the pipeline coming forward and to focus supply chain growth on the services required.
- To assist in the identification of gaps in the market around goods, works and services to deliver the retrofit project pipeline.
- To support data collection and analysis of supplier performance, using qualitative and quantitative methods.
- To support the Supply Chain Engagement Officer in undertaking regular supplier performance meetings with Managing Agents. Summarise supplier performance to Supply Chain Engagement Officer.
- Provide operational analysis of supplier performance, using qualitative and quantitative methods in order to make firm recommendations to the Supply Chain Engagement Officer that will contribute to the future procurement approach.
- Ensuring robust processes adhered to.
Skills & Experience required
- Previous experience in working a similar role.
- Experience of stakeholder engagement in a supply chain role.
- Experience of data collection, analysis and performance management in a previous role.
- Proven experience of working successfully to tight and demanding timescales in the delivery of programmes and projects is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Public Sector is highly desirable
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who values diversity and promotes equality. CPCA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other basis covered by Equality Act 2010. All employment is decided on qualifications, merit, and business need and we encourage applications from all sections of society. If you would like any reasonable adjustments or additional arrangements, please contact us via the details below.
Further information about us: www.energyhub.org.uk