Job Description SummaryAs part of GE Digital, the Grid Solutions team builds world class mission-critical systems that manage power flow across the globe. We are looking for an experienced Staff Software Quality Assurance Engineer to ensure these systems are of the highest quality. The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic, results-driven, team-oriented environment, taking on test activities throughout the entire product lifecycle such as requirements analysis, test planning, regression testing and test reporting. You will have worked in an agile environment, have solid test skills and be able to work on test automation as opportunities are identified. You will be contributing to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You'll lead software quality engineering discussions and mentor other QAEs.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Own large sized tasks or small projects and deliver QE artifacts. Manage deliverables and mentors junior team members.
• Contribute in driving initiatives such as defining coding standards and processes to ensure quality code is produced.
• Reuse existing code appropriately wherever possible; drives same behaviors across team while coaching other developers to improve their code quality.
• Develop and enhance the test infrastructure and continuous integration framework used across teams at the COE.
• Determine testing best practices and principles and promotes them across the organization.
• Work with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions.
• Provide functional and technical expertise in bug fixes.
• Provide subject matter expertise in the quality engineering, manages test plans and testing methodology for software projects.
• Make extensive use of test automation to speed up testing. Identify automation needs and work with the team to implement solutions
• Use advanced test automation techniques (data driven, pairwise, mocking, test hooks) that fit the problem space. Understands designing and coding for testability to produce quality code with the lowest cost.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Minimum years of 8 years of industry experience.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills both in Spanish and English
- Able to legally work in Mexico
- Excellent knowledge of modern software development practices including experience with continuous delivery.
- Experience translating requirements, use-cases and stories into test plans, test cases and automated tests.
- Extensive experience in test automation and an expert in developing and executing maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases.
- Demonstrates experience and ability to write Java code or C# for the purposes of testing solution code (e.g., white-box testing).
- Has experience in testing multi-tiered client-server systems, including web-services.
- Has experience with issue-tracking and agile project management systems.
- Has experience working in both Windows and Linux environments.
- Some experience working with virtual machines (VMs) as part of a test/integration infrastructure.
- Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments.
- Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
- Able to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity.
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility.
- Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
About GE Digital
GE Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.
GE Digital transforms how our customers solve their toughest challenges by putting industrial data to work. Our mission is to bring simplicity, speed, and scale to digital transformation activities, with industrial software that delivers breakthrough business outcomes. GE Digital’s product portfolio helps industrial companies in the utility, power generation, oil & gas, aviation, and manufacturing sectors change the way industry works. For more information, visit www.ge.com/digital.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No