Location: Essex, UK
Salary: £30,000 - £34,000 per annum o/time, van, phone, laptop bonus
We are currently working with a nationwide provider of O&M services to the solar PV sector who currently managed over 1.5GW of solar farms across the UK.
They are actively seeking an experienced Solar O&M Technician to carry out a mix of preventive and corrective maintenance on their portfolio of solar PV assets.
- Work to a planned maintenance schedule issued by your line manager.
- Respond in a timely manner to breakdowns, diagnosing faults and Inspecting work both in progress and upon completion.
- Repair equipment when necessary and Inspect work for satisfactory performance.
- Participate and provide on the job training to colleagues.
- Review suitable stocks of supplies and equipment.
- Advise manager on required stock levels and cost.
- Ensure compliance with in-house health and safety policy.
- Recommend improvements and modifications.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders, including the public.
- Document work undertaken / daily activities and provide a daily activity report.
- Recognise issues and assess risks and review any findings with management.
- Participate in internal and external meetings as requested.
- Identify and meet personal job-related training and development as required.
- BS 7671 17th or 18th Edition Electrical Regulations.
- Good knowledge of DC, AC, communications and circuit protection and will have strong fault-finding skills.
- Worked on large-scale solar PV projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge of DC Electrical systems.
- Ability to understand site drawings and SLDs.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with emergency situations.
- Must have strong IT and communication skills.
- Must be hardworking, reliable and flexible.
- Must be able to work well as part of a team.
- Approved Authorised Person (training can be provided).
- Experience of working with central inverter manufacturers.
- BS 2391 Inspection and Testing.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Renewable Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.