As part of its development plan in North America, ENGIE Energy Marketing NA, Inc. is looking for a Senior Originator for its North American power activities. The goal is to lead power origination and strategic commercial efforts across the eastern US.
The position is in Houston, TX, and reports to Origination Director.
- Strong working knowledge of the US power and renewables markets
- Strong history of deal closure with complex, structured deals
- Excellent network and transaction history with Developers (wind, solar, battery) and IPPs
- Solid understanding of trends driving power and renewables markets
- Transactional history with LSEs
- Contract negotiation is a must, particularly with complex deals such as PPAs
- Represent ENGIE at conferences, client events and presentations
What you bring:
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics or similar discipline preferred (or equivalent through experience)
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in North American markets
- Excellent commercial skills
- Proven ability to develop and expand valuable relationships with energy clients
- Strong knowledge of structured power products (options; PPAs; load following) for the North American wholesale market
- Talent for deal structuring and managing a deal process
- Experience in negations of complex contracts
- Excellent team player
- Must be eligible to work for any U.S. employer without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be willing and able to comply with ENGIE’s policy with respect to COVID vaccination and testing
- Must be willing and able to comply with all ENGIE ethics and safety policies
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to use a personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with the needed assistance to perform the essential functions
- Eligible for a hybrid schedule consisting of in-office and work-from-home opportunities
ENGIE North America isn’t just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we’re leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient, and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity, or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as “protected characteristics”) as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com. Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Oct 14, 2022