Senior Bid Manager - Offshore Wind / HVDC
- Location: Work from Home with travel to Belgium / Germany / Project Offices
- Salary: Highly competitive salary to attract the best talent
Turner Lovell have been retained to identify and select dynamic Senior Bid Managers to join an ambitious offshore wind and grid developer start-up. Our client, backed by one of Europe's leading provider, aims to secure a large market share and take a leading role in the sector with investments planned up to 2Bn€. Current plans to develop, build, connect and maintain offshore facilities in Europe, the USA and the Middle East will require the right candidate to have a strong entrepreneurial mindset and in-depth knowledge of the offshore wind industry. A proven track record and successful reputation will be the key to their ambitious plan.
Our goal is to identify two high potential Senior Bid Managers, with an entrepreneurial mindset. We are seeking candidates with extensive knowledge of the offshore wind/grid industry, a record of accomplishment, winning complex tenders and able to negotiate agreements in the North Sea and international markets.
As Bid Manager, you will join a team already exploring a strong pipeline of projects in the offshore wind and HVDC sector. The ideal candidate will use their previous experience of developing successful bid strategies and play a key role in the enhancement of the business development strategy and the company's growth.
- Lead the strategy development and execution of bid/tender strategies to win offshore grid, HVDC and wind farm developments.
- Manage and maintain positive external stakeholders' relationships to facilitate project delivery.
- Oversee the delivery of tender documentation and other milestones as part of the bid strategy and auction rules.
- Identify risks in the bid strategy and develop solutions to overcome.
- Lead negotiations on all bid engagements
- Provide expert input into the delivery strategy of project bids ensuring quality, value and high safety standards are maintained.
- Create a winning culture that drives growth in the team and business.
- Ensure success bids bring value to the business and any consortium partners.
The ideal profile:
- Master's degree in Engineering (or equivalent) with a minimum of 10 years in complex offshore tendering sectors.
- Proven experience leading and winning bids in the offshore wind industry, within budget and quality.
- Experience working for a successful EPC or Wind developer with international project / team experience in Europe, the Middle East and/or USA.
- Strong business acumen with communication skills to persuade, negotiate, challenge, and build credibility with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to work in an entrepreneurial environment, demonstrating agility and commercial intelligence but also comfortable in corporate settings.
- Excellent leader and team player willing to work in a diverse and multicultural team.
If you feel you have the industry knowledge and track record to play a leading role in securing exciting projects for our client's offshore development plans, please apply with a CV and overview of your relevant experience. For more information contact Marcia Colin.