12 Month Fixed Term Contract, P/T 3 days per week Flexible
£42,683 (Pro-rata) - Home Based
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Business & Skills Energy directorate at the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority.
The Authority was established in March 2017 as a result of powers being devolved to it by Central Government most particularly in regard to securing major developments and improvements in respect of Transport, Housing, Education and Skills across the region with a vision to make Cambridgeshire and Peterborough the leading place in the world to learn, live and work.
The Rural Community Energy Funding Manager will manage the Rural Community Energy Fund (RCEF) on behalf of the eleven Local Enterprise Partnerships that constitute the Greater South East Energy Hub. The role will focus on effectively developing and delivering rural community energy generation and low carbon projects through administration of the BEIS/DEFRA funded RCEF programme.
- Managing day to day governance of the RCEF. This includes but is not limited to, working with RCEF Project Officer(s) and partner organisations to appraise grant applications, establish funding agreements and monitor grant awards under the RCEF and ensuring compliance with the CPCA Assurance Framework. The role will also include representing the RCEF to external stakeholders.
- Developing and implementing schemes which involve working with the community sector and key public and private sector partners within the greater south east region. The role will also have reporting responsibilities to the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority who are the Accountable Body for the Energy Hub.
- Ensure all the appropriate project and programme management mechanisms are in place to successfully deliver RCEF.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the Greater South East Rural Community Energy Fund.
- Act as a point of contact and develop good relationships with partner organisations, government, and a range of organisations, which assist in the development and delivery of RCEF.
- Work collaboratively with the regional energy projects team, with responsibility for community energy project development across the south east Hub area.
- Manage the RCEF Project Officer(s) to support community organisations and engage new community organisations in the RCEF application process and management of approved grants.
- Undertake initial eligibility and compliance checks on RCEF applications.
Skills & Experience required
- Experience of setting up and/or operating programme management support systems
- Experience in successfully delivering energy projects and programmes
- Experience of contract procurement, negotiation and management
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work productively with the public, private and community sector
- Ability to work as part of a team whilst being comfortable working autonomously
- Ability to work from a variety of locations within the Greater South East Hub area including Cambridgeshire & Peterborough region.
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who values diversity and promotes equality. CPCA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other basis covered by Equality Act 2010. All employment is decided on qualifications, merit, and business need and we encourage applications from all sections of society. If you would like any reasonable adjustments or additional arrangements, please contact us via the details below.