Main purpose of position
Currently we are looking for a Project Technical Manager - PV Facility in Tunis, Tunisia, to be part of our global team working together towards our vision - Improving our future. As our Project Technical Manager, you will be responsible for all the technical deliverables from project structuring through to technical handover on the PV scope of works for a dedicated project, or portfolio of linked projects.
The PTM will plan, manage, and facilitate all technical tasks and processes, with the assistance of the Engineering team, towards ensuring projects are structured and delivered in a technically compliant manner as required by the Project Technical Function.
* Review and approval of technical supply contracts ensuring that the Plant is technically compliant with the PPA, Grid Code and other critical project documents
* Ensuring that the project programme is reasonable and accurately considers the detailed Design Timeline, key equipment procurement and allowance for commissioning, testing and local Grid Connection requirements
* Manage and interface with contractors, utilities (if not covered by others) and equipment suppliers to establish, negotiate and align all technical aspects of the project.
* Establish timelines and schedules based on the project schedule and contracts to ensure successful interconnection, commissioning, and grid code compliance.
* Review (S) - EPC and/or contractor proposals for compliance technically and contractually.
* Manage the process to complete the technical schedules of the relevant project contracts.
* Prepare formal requests, responses or clarifications towards contractors and consultants.
* Manage the technical scoring and evaluation of all bids, equipment and contractors.
* Lead and manage the technical due diligence process towards the Lenders / other Technical Advisors.
* Set up Document Control and filing protocols to proactively limit time from COD to TTO.
Support to projects in delivery/execution
* Manage and assess design change requests to be approved by the Lead Engineer and Project Manager
* Clarify and agree interfaces towards the grid and the grid operator
* Ensure all technical standards are defined prior to the start of construction.
* Visit site on a regular basis to ensure that construction is being implemented as per the design and in line with relevant technical standards and desired quality.
* Provide early warning to the PM on any issues in the project that may influence connection dates or the quality of the final product
* Assist with training of document controllers on site regarding the operating system and project documents
* Assist the SPV representative with clarifications towards lenders and Employer's Technical Advisors
* Contribute to drafting the relevant project reports (Bi-weekly, monthly etc.).
* Establish the plant commissioning and utility compliance plans and procedures.
* Plan and manage the hot commissioning phase of the plant in coordination with the Site Commissioning manager and Site Construction Manager.