Green Homes Project Manager
12 Month Fixed Term Contract - £43,857 - Home Based
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Greater South East Energy Hub (GSEEH).
The GSEEH was set up in 2018 and is funded by the Department of Business Energy and Industrial Strategy. The GSEEH covers 11 Local Enterprise Partnerships and 141 local authorities in the south east of England.
Our work encompasses several programmes that reduce carbon and bring social and economic benefit. This includes the administration of the Rural Community Energy Fund and the Green Home Local Authority Delivery Phase 2 programme.
The Greater South East Energy Hub is based within the Business & Skills Energy directorate at the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority.
The Authority was established in March 2017 as a result of powers being devolved to it by Central Government most particularly in regard to securing major developments and improvements in respect of Transport, Housing, Education and Skills across the region with a vision to make Cambridgeshire and Peterborough the leading place in the world to learn, live and work.
Work closely with 4 other Projects Managers to develop and deliver a prioritised pipeline of regional domestic energy efficiency retrofit projects. The role holder will support local authorities and social housing providers to build capacity and capability to deliver energy efficiency retrofit and decarbonisation of heat at scale to meet fuel poverty and net zero targets.
The role holder will undertake effective stakeholder management with public, private and third sector organisations, local business networks and support organisations to build effective relationships and local networks to drive growth and capacity in the retrofit sector.
- Support the delivery of energy efficiency and heat decarbonisation projects, by utilising the full skills set of the Local Energy Hub team and operating as an interface with local authority leads and the Hub.
- Assist with procurement strategy implementation and preparing specification and tender documents.
- Support the Programme Manager with reporting, performance management and monitoring requirements.
- Support organisations to develop capacity and capability in the development and delivery of retrofit projects.
- Liaise with and raise the awareness of all stakeholder organisations and their staff in pursuance of securing the highest levels of buy in and collaboration to facilitate project delivery.
- Identify, articulate and communicate actual and foreseen barriers to the delivery of energy efficiency/heat decarbonisation projects, and work with stakeholders to identify and implement solutions.
- Collate lessons learnt, analyse outcomes, present and share learning across all stakeholder groups.
- Raise awareness of future national and regional funding opportunities, including ECO Flex, Home Upgrade Grants and Social Housing Decarbonisation Funds.
- Support organisations to scope, specify, benchmark, aggregate and/or upscale feasible energy efficiency/heat decarbonisation projects.
- Work collaboratively with organisations to develop full business cases/proposals to secure funding.
- Coordinate and facilitate local and subregional stakeholder engagement meetings.
- Cooperate and work in collaboration with the BEIS Local Energy Team;
- Ensure key performance indicators are achieved.
Skills & Experience required
- Extensive Project Management experience
- Experience of working in energy efficiency, heat decarbonisation or fuel poverty projects and engaging with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience of developing and writing compelling business cases.
- Knowledge of the energy efficiency retrofit standards.
- Experience of working with senior management and a range of stakeholders
- Experience of housing retrofit and/or heat decarbonisation project delivery is highly desirable
- Knowledge of administration of grant funding programmes or Public Sector experience is highly desirable
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who values diversity and promotes equality. CPCA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other basis covered by Equality Act 2010. All employment is decided on qualifications, merit, and business need and we encourage applications from all sections of society. If you would like any reasonable adjustments or additional arrangements, please contact us via the details below.
Further information about us: www.energyhub.org.uk