Our client is a private equity backed group of companies investing in solar, battery
storage, property, waste to energy and complementary technologies, with a
rapidly growing team of c.50 people. This role will be based just
outside Cheltenham, with the group also having its main office in
London. The existing team includes professionally qualified specialists
within the planning, architectural, property, surveying, technical,
legal and financial sectors.
The renewable energy part of the group has a long history of
advisory, development, disposal, acquisition and financing of renewable
energy projects, which has culminated in a solar PV fund of operational
assets under management by the group.
Recently, the group has established as renewable energy consultancy
to advise landowners and developers on the development of a substantial
pipeline of renewables assets, primarily unsubsidised solar PV and
As such, an opportunity has arisen for an additional Senior
Consultant to join the advisory team and play a key role in leading
project management across a range of renewables development projects.
The successful candidate will take on existing projects sourced up to
the point of heads of terms signed with stakeholders and, with the
assistance of an in-house team featuring planning advisors and
solicitors, drive the projects to completion. The workload will include:
- Accountability for day-to-day management of existing projects and driving them to completion
- Budgetary responsibility
- Negotiation with landowners and other key stakeholders
- Optimising and driving planning applications
- Planning and implementing an electricity cable route, starting from
the point of receipt of a grid offer for a project, including
finalising the legal agreements (easements/wayleaves) and the technical
and financial planning
- Managing optimisation and implementation of grid connections and
technical project design with the help of internal and external
- Managing the finalisation of legal agreements, such as option
agreements, leases, shareholder agreements and similar, working with
internal and external lawyers
- Review and prepare corporate/deal structures
- Outgoing, success driven and numerate individual educated at least
to degree level, you will have gained at least 3 years' experience in
the project management/development of renewable energy technologies (or
similar projects in another industry) and will be able to demonstrate a
successful track record in closing these projects at interview.
- An understanding of the electricity grid/grid applications and
knowledge of the renewables industry, property law and/or corporate
finance are desirable.
- You will benefit from a cohesive and successful team culture and
the client can offer rapid advancement within the group as its growth
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy &
Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge
and passion for what we do stand us apart.