Green Homes Programme Manager
12 Month Fixed Term Contract - £50,881 - Home Based
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Greater South East Energy Hub (GSEEH).
The GSEEH was set up in 2018 and is funded by the Department of Business Energy and Industrial Strategy. The GSEEH covers 11 Local Enterprise Partnerships and 141 local authorities in the south east of England.
Our work encompasses several programmes that reduce carbon and bring social and economic benefit. This includes the administration of the Rural Community Energy Fund and the Green Home Local Authority Delivery Phase 2 programme.
The Greater South East Energy Hub is based within the Business & Skills Energy directorate at the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority.
The Authority was established in March 2017 as a result of powers being devolved to it by Central Government most particularly in regard to securing major developments and improvements in respect of Transport, Housing, Education and Skills across the region with a vision to make Cambridgeshire and Peterborough the leading place in the world to learn, live and work.
The Programme Manager will be the lead for domestic energy efficiency across the Greater South East Energy Hub. The role is to develop and implement energy efficiency and decarbonisation of heat programmes that support the Department of Business Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) in the delivery and development of fuel poverty and net zero policies. To lead and manage the development of local supply chains, project pipelines and business models to enable local authorities to deliver energy efficiency at scale across the Hub region.
The role holder will undertake effective stakeholder management with internal and external strategic directors and senior managers, interpreting strategic visions into a coherent local programme of domestic retrofit projects covering the eleven Local Enterprise Partnerships that comprise the Greater South East Local Energy Hub (GSEEH)
- Responsible for the GSEEH retrofit project team (area project managers, supply chain development and framework management).
- Maintain regular communication with all programme related interested parties within local, strategic and national partners as appropriate.
- Play a key strategic role in establishing a shared understanding and commitment across the stakeholders of Greater South East Energy Hub of our vision, ambition and aims
- Manage the successful delivery and development of the programme on time, to budget and of the right quality, using the project management methodology where appropriate, taking responsibility for all reports to the Hub, programme related boards and other senior management across the respective collaborations.
- Maintain control of the programme scope through an effective change control process, consulting with key stakeholders as needed, and ensuring that all project documentation is managed effectively, including effective record keeping and version control.
- Administer monthly reporting between projects, government and key stakeholders.
- Manage programme risks, mitigation and contingency planning, communicating clearly with senior decision-making stakeholders.
- Develop stakeholder engagement and communications plans, promote opportunities and outcomes, act on and embed lessons learnt.
- Maintain a network of energy efficiency officers and senior decision makers within each Local Authority.
- Implement and develop procurement strategies for delivery partners and the retrofit supply chain.
- Raise awareness of future national and regional funding opportunities including ECO Flex, Home Upgrade Grants and Social Housing Decarbonisation Funds
- Support the housing sector and local government to develop proposals and secure finance.
- Support growth in the market for domestic retrofit (manufacturing, installers, PAS 2035 retrofit roles)
- Promote uptake of Trustmark and other schemes to assure quality in design and installation of retrofit measures.
- Report and present recommendations to the Local Energy Hub Board, including proposals for business models and interventions in the able to pay markets and the private rented sector to stimulate significant private investment in homes energy efficiency.
- Work collaboratively with the regional energy projects team, with responsibility for community energy project development across the south east Hub area.
Skills & Experience required
- Proven experience at a senior level of successfully managing and delivering a wide range of complex and high value projects and programmes to structured programme and project management methodologies.
- Experience of contract management
- Knowledge of the construction sector and domestic energy schemes
- Knowledge of domestic energy efficiency retrofit measures, heat decarbonisation and quality standards.
- Experience of working with senior management and a range of stakeholders.
- Experience of developing and managing a team.
- Prince 2 qualified is desirable
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who values diversity and promotes equality. CPCA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other basis covered by Equality Act 2010. All employment is decided on qualifications, merit, and business need and we encourage applications from all sections of society. If you would like any reasonable adjustments or additional arrangements, please contact us via the details below.
Further information about us: www.energyhub.org.uk