Our client is a highly innovative technology solution provider with
the mission to unlock the potential of the global renewable energy
transition. Their software enables power grid operators more precise
control of their grid, allowing them to operate more safely and
cost-efficiently and utilise more renewable energy in the power systems.
Their data business offers unique grid insights and forecasts to enable
smarter trading decisions.
As Product Owner you will be responsible for the prioritisation of the product backlog and facilitate the definition and development of new product features and acceptance criteria. You will work closely with the Product Manager and end
customers and partners to understand core business requirements and then
translate these into high value, compelling, and understandable
features and stories which can be prioritised in the backlog and worked
on through an agile development sprint process. You will also review and
contribute to the product vision and roadmap maintained by the wider
product management team. Experience in the Energy sector and detailed
technical knowledge of power system challenges and ongoing solutions is
highly desirable for this role.
- The Product Owner will ensure the right features and capabilities are being
developed at the right time to maximise the commercial opportunity for
- Release development monitoring and regular transparent progress reporting to management
- Keep the development on track by prioritising stories and unblocking queries from developers
- Highlight risks of under-delivery or delays to management where these cannot be handled through story, feature or prioritisation management
- Work alongside other product team members and stakeholders to help develop product strategy
- Own the creation of proper and thorough documentation (internal and
external) describing product features and enhancements as appropriate,
reviewing existing documentation for accuracy and correctness.
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in engineering, software engineering, or other quantitative discipline, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery.
experience working on early-stage, technology-powered energy products
or services as either a product manager, product designer, business
analyst, power systems engineer, or user researcher.
ability to figure out solutions to challenging problems with many
constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your
argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative in an
audience-appropriate and clear way.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities for product features
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment without constant supervision. Exhibits personal drive and highly motivated.
If you are a dynamic individual with a strong track record of excellence
and are passionate about playing a part in supporting the global
renewable energy transition, then you could be right for their growing
team of energy industry and technology experts to help their mission of
delivering ultra-low carbon energy systems.
are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental
markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion
for what we do stand us apart.