Offshore Grid Planning Manager
- Offshore Wind / HVDC
- Belgium - with the option of remote working across Europe
- Salary: Very competitive salary and bonus structure to attract leading talent
Turner Lovell have been retained to identify and select dynamic candidates to join an ambitious offshore wind and grid developer start-up. Our client, backed by one of Europe's leading provider, aims to secure a large market share and take a leading role in the sector with investments planned up to 2Bn€. Current plans to develop, build, connect and maintain offshore facilities in Europe, the USA and the Middle East will require the right candidate to have a strong entrepreneurial mindset and in-depth knowledge of the offshore wind industry. A proven track record and successful reputation will be the key to their ambitious plan.
Our goal is to identify a Grid Planning Manager with leading industry knowledge of offshore grid planning, power systems studies and experience working in international locations. The team's objective is to prepare the successful execution of wind and HVDC interconnector projects worldwide. Individually, the Grid Planning Manager should be capable in developing diverse and talented teams as well as a willingness to be hands-on when required. The ideal candidate will be a successful leader with strong expertise of the European transmission sector, the latest technologies and future project opportunities.
- Develop conceptual grid integration strategies and power system planning requirements for offshore grid connections within target territories.
- Identify opportunities to develop an integrated, meshed European offshore grid such as the PROMOTioN project.
- Act as a key interface between the company, consortium partners, internal onshore / offshore grid planning teams and projects.
- Conduct power system evaluations required for grid expansion in various territories.
- Review transmission planning related technical studies.
- Identify and support to develop new, innovative methods as well as tools in planning process.
- Lead and inspire various project teams to ensure team's constant motivation for success.
- Identify training and development opportunities for team members to maintain high competence levels and career opportunities.
- Create a multinational, diverse and entrepreneurial team environment.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in complex grid extension (offshore & onshore) design and calculations
- Master's in engineering with a minimum of 5 years' experience in Grid Planning.
- Expert knowledge in subsea HVDC and offshore grid integration technologies.
- Record of accomplishment in bringing high quality standards and innovative approaches to grid infrastructure projects in various geographies.
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial and diverse environment.
- Valuable experience in balancing high engineering standards and risk/cost management.
- Internationally experienced team player who can successfully work and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good commercial and business acumen with the ability to negotiate successful supplier and partnership agreements.
- Experience in handling diverse stakeholders in complex infrastructure projects
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of Dutch, German or French is a plus
This is an exciting opportunity to lead diverse teams of power systems and grid experts in complex offshore projects and grid integration challenges. If you feel you have the industry network and track record to play a leading role in securing exciting projects for our client's offshore development plans, please apply with a CV and overview of your relevant experience.
For more information contact Marcia Colin.