Nuclear Performance & Operational Readiness Evaluation Specialist
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Nuclear Performance & Operational Readiness Evaluation Specialist will design, develop, and implement all aspects of performance testing for response force personnel including all methods of drills and exercises. The Specialist assess insider threat effectiveness through observation and documentation of protection strategy effectiveness.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance and excellence.
- Assess the insider threat effectiveness including collusion with external outsider threats;
- Observe and document protection strategy effectiveness against a full range of threat methodologies.
- Identify capability gaps.
- Design, develop, and implement all aspects of performance testing for response force personnel including all methods of drills and exercises;
- Collaborate with training personnel in the development and implementation of all aspects of drills and exercises.
- Interface with operational personnel in the execution of drills, drill schedules and exercises.
- Document tactics, techniques, procedures, policies, plans and tactical decisions during performance testing.
- Develop performance testing support roles such as controllers, evaluators, shadow teams, role players, and assist in the training of these personnel.
- Contribute towards the continuous improvement of the guard force personnel.
- Provide mentoring to Clients staff for the conducting drills and exercises, and participating in the same as role players, controllers and evaluators.
- Measure performance against the Physical Protection Plan- Operations and Conduct of Operations;
- Identify areas for improvement and offer corrective actions.
- Identify partners and stakeholders and develop multi-agency relationships, as required.
- Work on special projects as needed.
- Perform all duties in accordance with established requirements for nuclear security and safety.
- Maintain vast knowledge of nuclear security physical protection systems, operations, management systems, training, all forms of evaluation and corrective actions processes.
- Provide data for system performance against the Physical Protection Plan, Security Incident Response Plan and Conduct of Operations.
- Assist in the development performance testing support roles such as controllers, evaluators, shadow teams, role players as well as the training of these personnel
- Assist in the validation of tactics, techniques, procedures, policies, plans and related decisions
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
College or university graduate in a related field or equivalent work experience including structured professional development in a security related discipline with at least three years of nuclear security performance testing experience.
- Nuclear security performance testing experience.
- Knowledge of the operation of nuclear energy security programs.
- Experience in assessing, conducting, controlling the capabilities of a response force.
- Civil nuclear energy program knowledge, preferred.
- Comprehensive, current knowledge of developing a graded approach to designing and developing performance testing program.
- Knowledge and experience in conducting table-top drills and exercises, limited scope force-on-force drills, and exercises and full scale force-on-force exercises.
- Ability to work with a team in the successful implementation of a performance testing program into the overall security protection strategy.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Able to work independently.
- Good judgment and discretion.
- Able to accept direction on given assignments.
- Strong client orientation and results driven.
- Effective project management skills.
- Able to maintain a professional business casual appearance while at the workplace.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- May require unconventional work hours due to crisis management and evolving issues.
- Based in a busy office environment which will be subject to frequent interruptions.
- Intermittent sitting, standing, walking, running, climbing, and/or kneeling.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds or more with assistance.
- Must be able to meet the established health requirements for contract personnel associated with assigned contracts.
- Must pass health screening for visa acceptance as well as fulfilling contractual obligations.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.