Local Energy Lead
2 Year Fixed Term Contract - £46,812 - £49,662
The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority is seeking to recruit a Local Energy Lead to represent the Local Energy North Hub within the Liverpool City Region.
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual to contribute to the scaling up of clean energy investment in the North West. The Local Energy Hub team supports a wide-ranging portfolio of projects, working as advisors to public sector organisations and commercial projects developers.
The Local Energy Lead will rely on a strong understanding of the energy sector and climate agenda to provide advice to organisations that are developing energy projects, supporting the preparation of robust business cases for investment. They will help align the strategic objectives of partner organisations with the clean growth agenda, and delivery of climate emergency plans.
- Act for the Local Energy Hub to provide project management support and sector expertise to organisations across the Liverpool City Region which are developing local energy projects
- Support the Liverpool City Region to mobilise budgets and resources and develop projects that can decarbonise heat, including as part of heat networks, housing schemes, public sector building and industry innovation.
- Promote the decarbonisation of heat as a strategic objective achieved through local area energy planning and lead on regional knowledge transfer.
- Raise awareness of subsidy support, grant funding and green finance options available to projects, supporting organisations to commercialise their schemes.
- Collate evidence to support the allocation of Hub resources to potential pipeline projects.
- Lend specialist expertise to support project development elsewhere in the North West of England. Convene meetings and events to raise awareness and share knowledge.
- Represent the LEP Area and NW energy hub as stakeholder at energy industry events. Keep abreast of industry and policy developments in the energy and climate agenda.
- Promote the work of Local Enterprise Partnerships in the North West of England. Work to align Clean Growth agenda with Economic Development, Skills and Jobs, and support innovation in the energy sector.
- Support the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority to achieve corporate plans and mitigate strategic risks.
- Work to comply with all statutory requirements, standing orders and financial regulations; health and safety legislation, codes of practice and other organisational working practices.
- To work with public and other relevant bodies to support North West Region’s communities through policy and delivery that addresses local concerns.
Skills & Experience required
- Proven Project Management capabilities
- Experience of working with senior management and a range of stakeholders from either the public and private sectors and developing effective partnerships
- Experience assessing feasibility and developing the business case for investment in energy infrastructure
- Experience of subsidy mechanisms, applying for and or administering grant funding to support projects
- Experience of engaging with local government agencies and promoting policy and strategic objectives
- Strong understanding of the energy and climate change agenda and industry trends
- Experience of producing briefings, papers and reports for senior decision makers
- Experience of decision making by local government and of public sector procurement is highly desirable
The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority is growing a team of exceptional people to deliver our vision for an inclusive, globally competitive, sustainable city region. This is an exciting time for us, having successfully negotiated and secured a Devolution Agreement with Government, bringing a wealth of opportunities to the City Region.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in one of the most exciting delivery areas across the Liverpool City Region and to truly make a difference to the lives of Liverpool City Region residents.
The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority is committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. To this end, we particularly welcome applicants from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Backgrounds as we are under-represented by people from these communities.