Lead Quality Engineer Aftermarket
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Lead Quality Engineer Titchfield
This position is responsible for executing the defined Strategic Quality Plan in conjunction with plant leadership. Provides quality assurance support to customers, suppliers, partners and internal manufacturing cells and participates in continuous improvement activities in targeted areas. Executes the Quality Assurance strategy to ensure product flow consistent with established industry standards, government regulations and customer requirements.
- Provides Quality customer interface and expertise to proactively assure requirements are understood and satisfied, including assisting in complaint resolution and root cause and corrective action determination
- Supports Supply Chain Management organization relative to the collection and analysis of supplier quality data providing expertise and assists suppliers with product and process quality requirements
- Executes the development, implementation, and improvement of the appropriate Quality Management Systems throughout the operation, providing advanced quality planning support in the development and launch of new products, processes and services
- Participates in, and may lead, the auditing of internal Quality Systems and completes part approval documentation to assure that customer requirements are met in new or modified products and processes
- Analyzes organizational quality metrics and performs periodic reviews to evaluate results and recommend action plans to close gaps at an operational level
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and product/process performance to recommend and implement improvements in targeted areas
- Contributes in the design and implementation of quality assurance training programs and conducts training in quality-related topics
- Participates in product development and launch activities including identification of customer expectations, manufacturing and test support, reliability analysis, design reviews, evaluation of test programs, material testing.
- Provides support, and may lead an improvement team, in the development and evaluation of process capability, process control plans, analysis of out-of-control conditions and process audits
- Develops, implements, and audits complex inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures/work instructions
- Investigates and eliminates causes of complex or multi-dimensional quality problems and follows up on corrective actions
- Participates in the design, procurement, maintenance, and evaluation of gages, measurement instruments, devices and test equipment
- Coordinates with multiple Quality Engineers to prepare consolidated plant, customer, and product status information and action plans
- At times may be asked to supervise and direct tasks of other Quality Engineers
For this position we are looking for someone with extensive customer management experience
Liaising and Communicating with clients, is key for this role and we are looking for a candidate who has previously done this,
We are looking for a candidate who has worked in an assembly and test environment, who has supervised a team
Experience Is Essential With CAA, EASA And FCAA
- Thorough understanding of problem solving methods-i.e. Six Sigma, 8D, root cause analysis, and the associated statistical tools used to analyze problems, evaluate and complete improvement projects
- Knowledge and understanding of Eaton’s corporate Supplier Quality Assurance requirements
- Detailed understanding of the key phases and requirements of an effective new product development and launch methodology
- Detailed knowledge of industry and customer specific quality registration schemes and certification processes (i.e., ISO9001, ISO/TS-16949, AS9100 etc).
- Detailed knowledge of process auditing techniques to ensure compliance to defined quality requirements.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to process/product variability, and root cause and corrective action determination.
- Detailed knowledge of product and end user application/specifications, including product testing requirements. (design/process interface)
- Thorough knowledge of gauging and basic understanding of product material properties
- Thorough understanding of engineering design and product reliability concepts and tool sets
- Ability to Supervise and direct other departmental personnel for specified tasks assigned by management
- Ability to lead cross-functional process improvement teams
What Eaton offers?
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are important for us
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening
Europe, Middle East, Africa
Titchfield Gb Loc
AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Requisition ID :098291