Health Safety Environment (HSE) Director with industrial services company
K2 Industrial Services is a full service industrial cleaning company committed to safety, operational excellence and customer service. K2 offers turnkey solutions supporting routine maintenance, turnarounds//outages and capital projects. K2 is headquartered in Highland, IN. and an ASRC Industrial Services Company (AIS). AIS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Arctic Slope Regional Corporation (ASRC), an Alaska Native corporation. Through ASRC, we are a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE).
The HSE Director supports the organization's mission, vision, and values by collaborative implementation of the AIS HSE program tools, initiatives, and training.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
It is the responsibility of this position to uphold the Mission, Vision, and Values of AIS through strategic planning and collaborative implementation by:
- Sustaining an HSE management system that provides programs, standardized procedures and gives guidance for diverse and decentralized operations.
- Utilizing diplomacy, credibility and collaboration with senior leaders to encourage a culture unified by purposeful pursuit of integrating health and safety into operating practices.
- Incorporating the significance of key performance indicators to unify event, process and inspection analytics to examine the HSE management system efficacy and benchmark enterprise performance for the operating company.
- Reviewing final incident investigations by thoroughly examining the root cause analysis process, applicability of corrective and preventative actions, and logistics of implementation.
- Mentoring direct reports in the HSE team by providing challenging assignments, motivational development plans, and actionable feedback to help professionals develop into their career goals.
- Establishing strong interpersonal relationships among operating locations to leverage combined expertise when approaching challenging situations.
- Working with the corporate liaison to minimize exposure during interactions with governmental regulatory agencies including but not limited to OSHA, MSHA and EPA.
- Providing technical environmental, safety and health guidance via live instruction, webinars, training materials, presentations, seminars and other outreach activities to reinforce the operational risk management capabilities of a learning organization.
- Direct and immediate involvement in any employee injury treatment, accident investigations, oversight and management with transparent communication to Corp HSE Director and Claims Management.
Education, Credential and Experience
- Education- Bachelor's Degree from a four year college or university with a major in health, safety and environment or a similar major; master's degree preferred.
- Experience- A minimum of ten years' experience in the industrial maintenance and construction sector with five years in a leadership role. Quality experience or continuous improvement quality system experience preferred. Hands-on, tactical/strategic experience at multi-site locations preferably distributed nationally.
- Skills- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Licensure- Current credential as Certified Safety Professional, or Certified Industrial Hygienist or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager is preferred.
Travel anticipated to be approximately 35%, but may expand upon circumstances as necessary.
K2 Industrial Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.