Field Service Technician (f/m/d) – Automation SystemsTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this position, you will provide technical support for 800xA with all connects (Melody, Freelance, AC800M), Windows Systems and Hardware like KVM, Controller and I/O’s in the service region Frankfurt (Germany), delivering superior, professional service, remotely or on-site.
Your hands-on experience and knowledge of customer needs will help you not only to build strong cus-tomer relationships, but also to actively identify and develop new business opportunities.
This position reports to
Team Lead Service Operations Frankfurt/Main
- Providing remote or on-site technical support for customers
- Exceeding customer expectations by appreciating and anticipating current and potential needs
- Troubleshooting potential equipment failures and proactively taking measures to offset/prevent and inform internal partners
- Coordinating logistics of resources and spare parts for all site Service jobs
- Suggesting product and process improvements within the business to enhance operations and cus-tomer service
- On-Call Service (usually 1 week 24/7 every 4-6 Weeks)
- Several years of experience in Automation, working as Service Technician or Project Technician with 800xA and Windows systems
- Sound knowledge of and hands-on experience in servicing, maintaining, commissioning and repairing of 800xA, ABB Hardware (Controller, I/O`s or similar)
- Knowledge of process control technology
- Ability to travel mainly within southwest Germany
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills
- A completed degree in Electrical engineering or similar
- Fluency in German and English – both spoken and written
- Retirement plan
- Wellbeing program
- Employee Share Acquisition Plan
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open commu-nication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented induction programme, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently and self-reliantly within your assigned area. Even after the joining phase, ABB offers a wide range of individual career develop-ment opportunities and supports you in realising your career goals with targeted training measures. At ABB you will find an attractive working environment in all phases of life - including policies for sabbati-cals and home office, the ABB children's vacation camp and taking care of family members.
Interested in joining our team? We are looking forward to receiving your complete application through our online tool.
Your contact is: ABB PersonalDirekt
+49 (0) 621 381 3500
ABB Data Privacy Statement:
Publication ID: DE83364661_E2
Important: In order to be employed by ABB you will need to fully comply with/fulfill all local ABB employment requirements/processes.
Before applying, please read our Fraud Warning.
Close the popup
No locations found