Environmental Permitting Manager
- Offshore Wind / HVDC
- Location: Europe, with the option of work remotely
- Salary: Very competitive to secure the best talent
Turner Lovell have been retained to identify and select dynamic candidates to join an ambitious offshore wind and grid developer start-up. Our client, backed by one of Europe's leading provider, aims to secure a large market share and take a leading role in the sector with investments planned up to €2Bn.
As Environmental Permitting Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating permitting in North Sea & Baltic Sea and organising consents for offshore wind and HVDC developments. In addition, you will lead the permitting process as the company expands into international markets. Working close with senior leadership and project teams, you will support project planning by offering specialist advice in permitting / consents and environmental regulations.
- Work closely with Bid Managers to develop a permitting strategy to secure permits for offshore wind farm developments.
- Establish policies and manage company compliance with permitting and environmental protection requirements in complex offshore projects.
- Oversee compliance with permits and environmental regulations during development and construction of offshore grid and wind farms.
- Identify local advisors able to effectively contribute to the on-time preparation and submission of necessary permits.
- Engage with local stakeholders to drive the approval processes
- Lead the team by creating an entrepreneurial, forward thinking team culture who are able to innovate in a corporate environment.
- Master's degree (or equivalent) in engineering, environmental management or related topic.
- Min 5 years of experience in leading successful permitting and consent negotiations and delivering projects.
- Experience with complex offshore infrastructure project permitting, ideally in offshore wind or HVDC.
- Experience managing and developing teams and working in different cultures.
- Track record of executing permitting and consents in various geographies.
- Structured leader able to manage all relevant partners/stakeholders/authorities but also agile to respond to evolving deadlines and unexpected events.
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of Dutch, German or French is a plus.
This is an exciting role for an individual who has ambitions to lead teams and projects not only in Europe but in the USA and Middle East. If you have the drive and determination to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, please apply and contact Curtis Thompson or Marcia Colin for more information.