Environment, Safety and Sustainability Manager
Environmental, Health and Safety managers are responsible for overseeing the Environmental, health & Safety performance and of private and public sector organisations and for developing, implementing and monitoring environmental strategies that promote sustainable development.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Review and implementing environmental policies and practices
• devising strategies to meet targets and to encourage best practice
• devising the best tools and systems to monitor performance and to implement strategies
• ensuring compliance with environmental legislation
• assessing, analysing and collating environmental performance data and reporting information to internal staff, clients and regulatory bodies
• confirming that materials, ingredients and so on are ethically or environmentally sourced
• Liaise with HSE director to set environmental strategy budgets
• liaising with internal staff including senior managers and directors
• acting as a champion for environmental issues within your organisation and set up a Green Group for all sectors
• providing environmental training to staff at all levels
• writing plans and reports
• keeping up to date with relevant changes in environmental legislation and initiatives including international legislation where applicable
• producing educational or information resources for internal staff, clients or the general public
• liaising with regulatory bodies such as the Environment Agency.
• Ensure that the Integral H&S Culture remains positive and pro-active and continue to drive this along. Look at new and innovative way to analysis the statistics and develop a plan for the sector to reduce TRIR and DART. Also, to ensure that the targets are in line with company and JLL targets and objectives
• An essential part of the task is to carry out site safety audits on sites/engineers across the business units, ensuring that all H&S standards are adhered to in line with legislation and Integral standards. Looking to the future we need to look to develop a remote audit/inspection methodology and deliver this out to the sector
• Administer the Integral Reporting of Accidents, Occupational ill health and Dangerous Occurrence system and ensure that where investigation is required that this has been completed adequately.
• Preparation of business and individual work locations for external and internal ISO14001, 9001 and 45001 audits. Assisting with the IMS audit programme. Following audits all actions that have been identified ensure that these are closed out in a timely manner and report all outstanding actions through to the business unit head and director of safety.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate member of IOSH or equivalent
- Practitioner Member of IEMA or equivalent
- Internal Auditing training to ISO 14001 & 45001
- Experience in sustainability
- Have excellent communication skills and experience in excel, word etc.
- Full Clean driving licence
- Project management skills
- Train the trainer
- Face fitting trainer
- Prince 2
- Knowledge of mechanical electrical installation
- Facility Management
We're Integral, part of JLL. We're a Facilities and Maintenance firm based across the UK. We work with organisations in Mechanical, Electrical and Fabric works with engineers nationwide to deliver engineering excellence for our clients. The Integral family are the largest mobile hard services provider in the UK.
If you're looking to step up your career, Integral and JLL are the perfect professional home. At Integral and JLL, you'll have a chance to innovate with the world's leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing facilities and maintenance initiatives. You'll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you'll be inspired by the best. We're focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions – join us at Integral and JLL!
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include an up-to-date CV with your application.
All candidates will be required to provide valid proof of Right to Work in the UK and ID at interview.