Contract hire: 12 months with possible extension/ transfer to the client
The client will offer (Accommodation and Transportation)
The Engineer Marine Combat Systems provides technical guidance and assistance in the planning, design, maintenance, repair and alteration of shipboard combat and weapons systems regarding F2000, F3000 & LRT class ships. He provides specialized technical support to combat systems / electronic division, other SRF departments, particularly in the field of alterations, modifications, systems test and integration of weapons systems.
Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree in Mechanical Engineering, including specific courses of instruction in weapons and ordnance systems.
Eight (8) years experience in systems engineering or systems integration position including four (4) years in the area of shipboard weapons and combat systems. Knowledge equipment and software used in the sub-systems and more especially:
- Radars & IFF: Sea Tiger, V26, Bridge and Vision master, Mark 10
- CMS: SENIT and TAVITAC
- Guns: 20 MM, 40 MM, 76 MM and 100 MM
- Electronic Warfare: DR 3000, DR 4000 UG, SALAMANDRE, TELEGON, ALTESSE,
- Communications: Radio HF TMR 6000, TRC 3700, V/UHF TRG 6035, Internal THOMNET, NGIN, SUT and TMFP terminals,
- Navigation: SIGMA 40, OCTANS, CGM4, LMN5
- Torpedoes: F17
- Provides weapon systems engineering guidance and assistance in the maintenance and repair of weapon systems aboard RSNF ships,
- Provides weapon systems engineering services for related shore facilities and equipment,
- Performs technical, design and engineering services in the general field of weapons systems,
- Participates in developing technical recommendations for proposed alterations, modifications and field changes to weapon systems,
- Participates to prepare RAV, IMA, ROH,
- Participates in procedures for alignment and checkout of the weapon systems and electronic-weapon interface,
- Reviews and maintains Maintenance Requirement Cards for weapon systems / equipment and makes recommendations for necessary changes,
- Ensures that current configuration of weapon systems / equipment is maintained in accordance with established policy,
- Assists and participates in the evaluation of work report and the preparation of other reports involving weapon systems equipment. Participates in inspections and field tests requested by RSNF / SRF,
- Provides technical expertise to RSNF / SRF as requested.