Job Description SummaryTo support our Services strategy of achieving global operational standards across Renewable Digital Services, including Onshore, Offshore, and LM. The, the Renewable Services Operational Excellence Leader will review & gather all operational data, including site ops, MCE, Uptower, Ebop, LTDT, parts, availability, and finances that drives our business standards, leverages best practices, and
accelerates productivity initiatives.
GE’s Onshore Wind business has a total installed base of more than 50,000 wind turbines in more than 35 counties, with 100+ GW of global installed capacity. We harness increased onshore wind energy potential through a broad family of turbines that are uniquely suited for a variety of wind environments, including Cypress, GE’s most powerful onshore wind turbine, and GE’s 2MW platform, which has more than 20GW installed and in operation today. We are committed to our customers’ success in wind, offering a broad portfolio of products and services that make renewables the energy of choice for a cleaner future.
Why we come to work:
At GE Renewable Energy, our service teams keep our world moving. They’re adaptable, determined, and safety-focused, thriving in high-pressure situations. They’re the kind of people who dig deep for answers, work collaboratively with the right teams to drive solutions, and who sit back and smile when they know they have done a great job. As part of this team, you’ll be rewarded with autonomy and trust, a collaborative, supportive team, and the chance to be empowered and successful, every single day.
The Digital Services Operational Excellence Leader position can be fully remote with the ability to be located anywhere in the US or abroad.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Closely partner with P&L Service Operations teams to enhance the margins of our FSA and OSA backlog.
- Utilize your operational, financial & commercial experiences to maximize Services Excellence.
- In addition, the Digital Services Operational Excellence Leader will be responsible to ensure margin enhancement initiatives are built into the regions Scorecard and cost models. The cost models support a robust CMR (contract margin review) across Renewables P&Ls.
- Cross functional and will work closely with each of the Regions around the world along with Product Line, Digital, Productivity Leaders, Tooling, and CMR teams.
- Regular reviews with regions around the world to identify improvement areas, coach, train, and execute to achieve Operational Excellence via telecommunication meetings along with face-to-face and travel to areas as needed.
- Responsible for developing Standards, metrics, tracking execution, and highlighting the areas of Excellence along with those needing improvement, which contributes to the overall global execution, cost out, and productivity strategy for our Digital Services business.
- Drive the execution of operational entitlement, best practices, and process improvements through regional accountability regular regional review rhythm.
- Develop and execute strategies to ensure margin enhancement initiatives are reflected in ITO commercial and OTR execution.
- Work closely with CMR team to ensure cost models reflect NPI, Field Execution, Process improvements, digital tread, and other productivity benefits.
- Align initiatives globally across Renewables P&Ls that improve overall competitiveness and operational excellence.
- Work across the P&Ls, Operations & Functional areas to drive a culture of operational, financial and contractual risk management that result in improved financial performance.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- Minimum of 5 years of significant experience in the Services & Functional Management.
- Ability to travel up to 50%, domestic and international sites.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Service Operations
- Global leadership experience, working cross-functionally with varied stakeholders
- Experience leading initiatives which are cross functional, cross business, and managed in a matrix environment
- Ability to influence and motivate others in a matrix environment
- Familiarity of CSA, Forecasting, VCP, Cost-Out techniques
- Lean toolkit application skills (value stream mapping, 5S, Kaizen, Kanban, Error proofing, SMED, team problem solving...)
- Understanding of S&OP processes in Service
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes