Location: Portsmouth, UK
Salary: £28,000-£38,000 per annum
Our client is a well-established and family-run business who are a mechanical, electrical and renewable energy services specialist, providing high-quality solutions for the housebuilding, construction, commercial and public sectors.
They are actively searching for an experienced and proven Design and Estimating Manager to join their business at an exciting time of expansion.
The right candidate will be responsible for providing accurate designs, working drawings and quotations for a wide range of cutting-edge rooftop solar PV, EV charging and battery storage systems to ensure client's residential and commercial new build projects meet specification, sustainability targets and planning conditions.
- Oversee a team of PV designers, working closely with the business development and operations teams to maintain the service.
- Review client tender documentation and specification requirements to enable efficient project tendering, managing the process through to handover with the Operations Team.
- Ability to creatively consider cost reduction ideas and strategies and apply where possible a value engineering approach to ensure competitive tendering.
- Ensure all system designs meet technical regulations and energy reduction targets.
- Liaise with approved suppliers and subcontractors to gain and evaluate competitive quotations. Verify these and ensure they meet project requirements.
- Ongoing liaison with clients to develop long-lasting relationships, ensuring customer satisfaction and continued repeat business.
- Ensure a seamless handover process for all secured projects to the Operations Team, providing ongoing technical support for clients where needed.
- Manage the PV design team and oversee their work. Provide leadership and coaching, to support their development through regular appraisals and objective setting.
- Attend design and tender meetings with clients as required.
- At least 3 years of previous experience working in a Design and Estimating role on residential new build and construction projects is desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of PV, EV and battery storage systems is essential.
- Ability to produce accurate designs, cost budgets, estimates and proposals for PV systems.
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD and relevant estimating software.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Confident and organised under pressure, effectively managing workload to meet client needs.
- Great at problem-solving.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A keen interest in sustainability and renewables would be advantageous.
Applicants must have a Right to Work in the UK.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Renewable Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.