Job Description Summary
- Work from manufacturing layouts, engineering prints and specifications, route sheets and general instructions to ensure correct and quality build of mica paper capacitor sections.
- Work in the mica paper room and prep area by distinguishing paper type, foil type and tabs needed to perform the job
- Use the paper grading machine to measure thickness and grade of mica paper Able to use a wide variety of hand tools Responsible for correct documentation of all work performed, blue history cards, red quality action cards, tear down sheets, route sheets and other log sheets as required
- Perform dry capacitance by heating/drying first piece, mechanically pressing to correct dimensions, and utilizing electronic test equipment to verify capacitance readings within spec.
- Adjust equipment set up as necessary until capacitance readings are nominal
- Perform tear down by ensuring correct dimensions including length, tab spacing, correct mica paper and foil
- Set up, tear down, troubleshoot and perform production winding on various winding manual and automated winding machines to ensure capacitor sections move through the shop efficiently
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Basic written and verbal communication skills as well as mechanic, computer and ERP skills
- Ability to use a wide variety of hand tools
- Dimensional inspection experience; ability to read and interpret dimensional measurements (calipers, and scales)
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment doing repetitive tasks
- Experience working in a teaming environment that uses lean and 5S practices to improve products and processes
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No