Business Development Manager
Chemicals Business Development Manager
As a Chemicals Business Development Manager, you’ll be spearhead the approach for sales growth in the SEA Downstream and Midstream Chemicals market, with a key focus on the Singapore area, and substantially grow the business in line with the significant capital growth being invested into the region. Responsible for activities and processes that help the organization achieve business objectives and develops midterm vision on own function.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for:
• Leading and driving Sales activities proactively for all existing and potential opportunities in Singapore. Marketing specifically. Understanding it and positioning to win.
• Developing good relationships with strategic Energy Sector customers, both end-users and targeted channel partners. Investigating supply chain solutions to the local geography to increase commercial competitiveness and enhance continuity.
• Delivering as a minimum the financial plan as submitted and agreed during the planning cycle and sequentially grow Singapore and adjacent countries as required.
• Controlling and have full accountability for the participation and data recorded in the company designated eCRM platform and tools, leading commercial planning, ITO processes, ITO lead for business reviews for Singapore and adjacent countries as required.
• Overseeing and carrying out studies, evaluations, budget estimates and tendering for target projects and contracts as required to achieve customer deadlines either autonomously or using relevant support personnel, including deciding tender strategies.
• Engaging with area business development, technical and general management at the appropriate time, to ensure smooth transition of sales efforts into successful project award.
• Have BSc in Chemistry or equivalent as minimum qualification.
• Have minimum 5 years operational & sales experience in Downstream business / Chemicals to the Oil and Gas industry
• Have detailed knowledge and understanding of Downstream / Refining / Petrochemical business.
• Have good existing relationships with refining customers in Singapore, Chemicals customers a benefit.
• Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Have flexibility, enthusiasm and commitment. Willing to travel within APAC in support of business opportunities.
• Have good personal discipline, planning and organizational skills.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.