Senior Business Development and Partnership Manager
- Offshore Wind / HVDC
- Work From Home - travel to Europe and customers as required.
- Salary: Very competitive salary and bonus structure to attract leading talent
Turner Lovell have been retained to identify and select a Senior Business Development and Partnership Manager to join an ambitious offshore wind and grid developer start-up. Our client, backed by one of Europe's leading provider, aims to secure a large market share and take a leading role in the sector with investments planned up to 2Bn€. Current plans to develop, build, connect and maintain offshore facilities in Europe, the USA and the Middle East will require the right candidate to have a strong entrepreneurial mindset and in-depth knowledge of the offshore wind industry. A proven track record and successful reputation will be the key to their ambitious plan.
Our goal is to identify a Senior Business Development & Partnership Manager, with a dynamic commercial acumen and a respected industry reputation. The successful profile should have a solid record of accomplishment winning complex development opportunities for offshore wind farm and HVDC interconnector projects.
This key hire will be responsible for the development of the company's position and strengthening its reputation in offshore sector. The overarching aim of the role will be to establish and develop relationships with existing and potential future partners to create and secure upcoming offshore wind farm development tenders.
- Dynamically develop close contact with existing and potential partners and other relevant parties.
- Establish the company as a valuable collaborator and create/identify partnership opportunities.
- Assess attractiveness of offshore opportunities and provide market intelligence and data to support investment decisions.
- Influence the market/partners in early phase discussions providing various solutions in order to create favourable opportunities in offshore wind and interconnector tenders.
- Negotiate partnership setups, scope and responsibility, and governance of collaboration structures, coordinate pre-qualification process when required.
- Analyse key competitors and their bidding strategy.
- Build and lead a proactive, action orientated, winning team culture.
- Minimum 10 years in of experience as a Business Development Manager in experience with complex offshore projects and delivery process
- Excellent track record in winning tenders, supplier, and stakeholder management
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining good/mutually beneficial relationships with potential partners.
- Master's / Bachelors Degree in engineering, Business Administration, or equivalent qualification.
- Internationally experienced leader and team player who can work effectively with culturally and technically diverse teams.
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of Dutch, German or French is a plus
- Knowledge of the North Sea and Baltic Sea offshore wind market is critical. Middle East and USA industry knowledge highly advantageous.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company that plans to secure 20% market share over the coming years and wants to recruit the industry's leading talent to support this ambition. If you feel you have the industry network and track record to play a leading role in securing exciting projects for our client's offshore development plans, please apply with a CV and overview of your relevant experience.
For more information contact Curtis Thompson.