Senior Pipeline/Mechanical Engineer
6 days left
- Full Time
Paragon GE are looking for a French speaking Senior Pipeline & Mechanical Engineer for a staff position with an international E&P company in Gabon. The position is residential with family status if required. The ideal candidate will have experience of developing integrity management strategies and act as a Mechanical TA for Static equipment.
Position Title: Senior Pipeline/Mechanical Engineer
Residential or Rotational: Residential
Staff or Contractor: Staff
Expected package: Expat package including accommodation and schooling
Responsible for contributing to the management of the integrity of pipelines, including ownership of inspection regimes, inspection methodology, defect assessment and fit for purpose assessments as well as successfully delivering the repair projects for all pipelines and flowlines.
The role also requires engineering knowledge of mechanical and corrosion damage mechanisms, Level 1 and 2 fitness for service assessment, repair methods and welding technology.
Successful candidate might be also required to have sound mechanical engineering knowledge to be able to act as Technical Authority for the static mechanical engineering discipline.
- Develop a fit for purpose Pipeline Integrity Management Strategy for the safe operations of all pipelines and flowlines. This should also include the development of pipeline status database and take ownership of such database.
- Ensure the continual development and operation of risk-based inspection strategies, identification of damage mechanisms, active overview, guidance and responsibility for delivery of inspection cycle activities.
- Successfully deliver pipeline repair projects on time and cost effectively. This should include scope agreement, technique selection, supplier selection, contract strategy, safety reviews, mobilisation, data acquisition monitoring & receipt & distribution of deliverables, completion of the field operations.
- Regulatory – fulfil the requirement for governmental liaison for technical discussion and audits.
- Undertake preparation of annual pipeline integrity summary providing an overall fitness for service statement under direction of the Engineering Manager.
- Support all assets in assessing day-to-day safety issues. Required deliverables include risk assessments, support to pipeline related Deviation, MoCs and incident investigations, where necessary.
- Act as Mechanical Technical Authority for static mechanical engineering discipline.
- This duty will occupy less than half of the role holder’s time.
- The TA will provide discipline engineering verification of studies, projects and modifications.
- The TA will ensure appropriate equipment standards are maintained by assets/sites for safety critical equipment with approval of any deviations and maintenance deferrals.
Qualification/Experience requirements/Personal attributes
- The minimum requirement for this position is a recognised Mechanical (or similar) Engineering degree. Experience in Process / Petrochemicals Industry & / or onshore / offshore oil & gas is preferable. Ideally a minimum of 5 years direct experience from static mechanical and minimum 2 years direct experience in pipeline related engineering work, such as design, inspection, repair, integrity management and construction. Relevant experience should include specific pipeline design, integrity and performance analysis and experience of managing a corrosion control system.
- With an analytic eye for detail, you should have a pro-active, hands on and innovative approach to problem solving and good interpersonal, IT and communication skills. Working as part of the Engineering Team sharing your skills and knowledge.
- Must be able to speak French fluently