Project Control and Planning Engineer
5 days left
- Full Time
Paragon GE are looking for a Project Control and Planning Engineer to work in London for an Independent E&P company. The ideal candidate for this hybrid position will have experience of project controls, cost controls, project planning and document controls, and have worked in the Oil and Gas industry.
Position Title: Project Control and Planning Engineer
Residential or Rotational: Residential
Staff or Contractor: Contractor
Expected package: Open to discussion
Location: London, UK
The Project Control & Planning Engineer is responsible for working within all stages of projects to ensure that all budgeting, scheduling and cost evaluations are carried out properly.
The primary responsibility of this role includes planning, developing, controlling and forecasting the projects’ budgets and provide regular project updates to the management.
This role is also required to manage all project documents to ensure the proper documents are created and signed, that all data is accurate and that documents are stored and backed up and any retention policies are followed.
- Provide monthly Project Cost/Schedule reports with clear identifications of project performances against set deadlines and budgets to the project managers
- Assist the project managers to set up project cost estimations in supportive of the AFE approval processes. This includes establishment of cost baselines for measuring and monitoring project performance and assessing variances
- Develop Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to define the durations and costs for various tasks and allocate accurately the costs as per WBS for each project and track any deviations
- Define the project plan with logical dependencies between tasks to identify project critical paths
- Keep project resources on track and provide regular updates to the project managers for any adjustment required
- Establish project schedule baselines and assess any variances
- Work with the project managers to develop Master Document Register for each project and issue appropriate document numbers
- Store, catalogue and retrieve all the project documents
- Maintain the integrity of working documents and update documentation when revised
- Ensure document security for assigning access, removing obsolete documents
The candidate is required to have minimum 5 years of working experience on project controlling in oil/gas project managements. Essential skills include strong communications in writing reports and presenting. It is also required to have basic understanding of engineering principles. High attention to details and demonstrable capabilities to large volume of information/documents are also important.